Changed Employer before GC Approval - GC No probs, Citizenship Problem?

ssampy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for Green Card through company S in Dec 2001. Labor was cleared in Aug 2003. I140 and 485 were filed concurrently after that. I changed my H1 from company S to permanant employment with company F in July 2004. 140 was approved within 15 days of my job change and 485 was approved in May 2005. Now I am planning to apply for citizenship, will my GC be challenged? Is this employment fraud, it was 6 months after filing of 485 that I changed my job? Do you all foresee any problem here? :confused:

Thanks,

ssampy

Same case as you

My case is very similar to what you have SSampy, awaiting responses. I have applied for N400 already and need to do fingerprints next wednesday.

my GC case was similar to yours, the IO reviewed my GC file at the time of my nat. interview,
I posted my interview exp. on this forum, check for it

n400_pplicnt,

Can you provide a link or if you dont mind post your experience again, I did a search an none of your posts talk about your experience.

Thanks

What your job change in the same filed as company S? If that is the case then you used AC21 and there should be no issues with citizenship.

kerberos72,

It looks like all my old posts are gone when they migrated to this new layout, I can't find my old posts myself, anyways,
mine is AC21 GC, left employer after 140 approval, invoked ac21,
during my naturalization interview the IO asked about my employment history from my GC file and NOT from my N400 file
my "change of job" letter was on very top of my GC file, "I think" this could be the reason why IO focused more on my GC file

good luck

Thanks a lot for sharing this,

Did he ask you why you changed jobs? did you have to explain to him that you invoked AC21 and if so? did he know what was AC21?

Again, thanks for your help

Thanks a lot for sharing this,

Did he ask you why you changed jobs? did you have to explain to him that you invoked AC21 and if so? did he know what was AC21?

Again, thanks for your help

IO didn't ask me about job change and I didn't mention it, but like I said,
I saw my "Change of Job" letter on the top of my GC file,
she looked at the letter first and then she started asking about empler hist.
I'm not sure whether she knew about AC21

hi, I was working company A, my labor got approved but I joined company B. Company A continued my GC processing and filed I140, 485 etc and got it all approved and I got the GC in 2005. Now I've filed for citizenship and will be appearing for an interview soon. I dont know what they will ask and how should I respond. I hardly knew any immigration stuff five years back created all this mess. What are my options? Urgrnt response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Was your job in company B similar to the job in company A? Did you ever return to company A?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I got through my citizenship interview without any problems, the IO asked if i'm working for the current company and location and job duties. My friend has similar situation and he go through this week without any problems. My friend almost close to withdraw the application, he consulted a lawyer who accompanied him and no problems raised. Take it easy.

GC sponsored employer not keen on hiring after GC.. citizenship filing

hi, I was working company A, my labor got approved but I joined company B. Company A continued my GC processing and filed I140, 485 etc and got it all approved and I got the GC in 2005. Now I've filed for citizenship and will be appearing for an interview soon. I dont know what they will ask and how should I respond. I hardly knew any immigration stuff five years back created all this mess. What are my options? Urgrnt response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello

need help !!

I have the same situation as above, checked washnurauf posts..but could not find anything other than this.

Filed labor with Company A while working Feb 2003 - Nov 2005, layed off from Company A
Joined Company B
Company A labor approved in Jan 2007
Company A filed I-140 Jan 2007 after labor was approved
May 2007, when dates went current I-140 approved with premium processing
June 2007 Filed 485 with approved 140
recieved GC in Aug 2008
Company A not keen to hire after GC
continued to work with Company B (same job title and responsiblities)
Need to file naturalization next year, and worried