Changed Employer and Employ. Verification

godlove

Registered Users (C)
Any one who changed employer and didn't inform INS and sent Employment Verification letter from new employer ??
Please post

I did. RFE was issued for employment verification. RFE replied and transfered the application to local INS (Chicago) and GOD knows how long will it take. Good luck.

I485WAITPLUS

Do you think it is more likely to trigger a local transfer if you notify the INS about employment change, or were you just a random pick?

After waiting for 14 months, it will be awfully unpleasant to wait for another 6 months for an interview at local office.

Good luck and hope you get your interview soon. Thanks.

Is informinga trigger??

Thanks 485waitplus.
So you did inform INS at RFE time only and not before and your case got transferred..??

Do you know anyone whose case didn't get stuck?? after informing INS about job change. My file is with officer and I am in dilemma about informing INS about the job change which I changed 6 mths back.

Please advise!!

I485WAITPLUS

What is u r RFE about? did they ask for employment letter?
what format letter u sent?

If you could tell me that would be helpful for me to send RFE reply

thanks

RFE Reply

GC_AVM can you also post info abt ur case ?? (job change ? informed INS? RFE thinsg etc? )

Hi All,
I received RFE for different things (Employment verification, BC, Marriage certificate). (I don't think anything left for them to ask .. suckers..) I did not inform INS about job change and they knew it only when I replied for RFE.
Letter format : letter stating your current position, future employment position with the company, salary, skills you are using in your current job (same as in LC).
Don't know what made them to transfer my case to Chicago, which is like some office Andaman Nicobar Islands (which will be much better). Those guys will answer to your phone and they ask you communicate is by writing letter to them. U will never get response. You have to there personally and waste your entire day with no result. I stopped thinking about. When time comes it will come. Hope it will not happen to you guys. Good luck.

Thx

Thanks 485Waitplus. What is your RD/ND or may be your userid on rupnet.

I would decided to wait for RFE and not inform INS at this stage when my file is with officer (RD 09/15).

Keep posting abt development in ur case on this link.

RFE for employment verification

Dear I485WAITPLUS,
Could you please tell me if the RFE for employment verification asked at all for the date of change of job ? I have found a dream job but my 180 days are not over till 4/1/03.

I'm hesitating about sending notification to INS.
I changed employer 5 months ago(after 180 days of I-485 receipt date: 12/2/2001).
From your postings it seems I better not send notification to INS.
But what are the consequences of not doing so?
I heard that if you don't notify them, once you get the gc, it means you will have to work for the company who sponsored you(the company I quit) and of course I won't work for that company.
Does it bring any future complications?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks