Change TN within the US online or by mail

Study2000

Hi, I am currently working in the US under TN. Recently my employee will be changed, so I need to get a new TN.
Last time I went to the Canada-US border to obtain my TN, this time I'd like apply for the TN by mail or online. Can I do so and how to do? Thanks!

File I-129.

Thank you! So my new employer can file I-129 by mail on behalf of me while I remain in the US? I don't want to leave the US and re-enter since I still need to work with my current employer.

You could still go to the border, and simply ask for a second TN.

If you file I-129, you will need to ask the sponsor to choose concurrent employment , otherwise the instant your new TN is approved, you must quit your current job.

You could still go to the border, and simply ask for a second TN.

If you file I-129, you will need to ask the sponsor to choose concurrent employment , otherwise the instant your new TN is approved, you must quit your current job.
Thank you Nelsona!

Hi, I am currently working in the US under TN. Recently my employee will be changed, so I need to get a new TN.
Last time I went to the Canada-US border to obtain my TN, this time I'd like apply for the TN by mail or online. Can I do so and how to do? Thanks!

Without knowing your personal situation, I'd like to remind you that applying in person is faster, cheaper, and gives you the ability to react immediately to any negative opinions from CBP.

As others have explained, it's possible & normal to retain your existing TN status regardless of how your new application is judged. So that's not a reason to avoid the border.