change profession after I485?

zhang102

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I filed my I485 on 9/2000, and only got RFE last month, the message said it will take additional 330 days. My questions are: 1. does it need that long? 2. Can I change from one profession to another at this stage? say from a researcher to a medical resident? Thanks.

Can I look for new job....180 days are over

Applied H1b visa in 1998, working with the same employer. Current H-1b valid till 2004. Applied for I485 September 2001, never applied for EAD, just finished 180 days, done finger printing in February 22nd 2002. I485 was applied at Vermont Service Center. Background MBA degree, B.Sc in Finance EB-2 catagory.
Due to slow down and layoffs company is not doing well & I can understand the position. What should I do in case company close or ask me to leave. Chances of survival at current circumstances are 20% or less. Please advise.

effect on gc renew or citizenship

Hi 2002gc4pk,
Since you are planning to change profession.......do you know if one changes profession does it have any effecton Green card renew or citizenship? I am asking this because even I want to change profession form computers to a medical resident.

Thanks so much in advance.

I am not planning to change profession!!!

As you noticed my background in MBA in Business Management. I worked here in US for almost 6-7 years. I learned so much practically and academically that I want to apply related to Business Management. I want to start my own business let\'s say import export. That require lots of Marketing and Management skills. My labor certificate was approved as a Marketing Director. The only difference will be now I will be working for myself as a young entrepreneure and will be a Marketing Director of my own company. Now my field will still be the same but responsibilities will be changed a bit. Now this is not final I just have a thought. That what MBA is all about..........think think and develop.
Somebody asked a question to Bill Gate (Microsoft). Why you hired top 10 business schools MBA\'s each year? You are a software development company, why you need so many top MBA\'s? He smiled and replied. My computer people may be develop software but without MBA I can not develop strategy to sell them. So, MBA is probably more important than developing a software. We all know if we can not sell um what good they are. So, that what I want to focus.

If that what you want to focus, focus ....

But no telling us what good. MBA good, software good. You MBA, you good. We software, we good. Business need both. No software, MBA no sell. No MBA, software company no make money. So, both good. Be happy.

Hope understand simple english.