change Priority Date before I-485 filing

techhy101

Registered Users (C)
I got my Labor Certified last week with a priority date of 2004, my employer says he will file my I-140 now and once it gets approved he will use an apporved Labor Certification with a priority date of 2001.am totally confused, not sure if this is possible at all..Can some one tell me if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!

techhy101 said:
I got my Labor Certified last week with a priority date of 2004, my employer says he will file my I-140 now and once it gets approved he will use an apporved Labor Certification with a priority date of 2001.am totally confused, not sure if this is possible at all..
---------------I am also confused
Can some one tell me if this is possible?
--------------- Your LC PD is 2004, how he can use the PD of 2001???
If employer had any LC approved with PD of 2001 and you were eligible to use that LC why he did not file your I-140 with that LC substitution??? If the LC with PD of 2001 is approved and employer filed I-140 for that candidate and candidate filed I-485 and later used AC21, that person may have got the GC approved and that LC cant be used second time to get other GC. Only your employer can inform you how he can get you PD of 2001. please post what he says.

Thanks in advance!