Change online password - trigger LUD?

kidd636

Registered Users (C)
It has been a while since I last logged in my USCIS Online Portfolio account, and when I tried today, I seemed to have forgotten my password. So I changed it. Then upon logging in I was surprised to see that i had an LUD on my I-485 on this very same day!

Coincidence? Or did the online password change trigger it? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so!

It has been a while since I last logged in my USCIS Online Portfolio account, and when I tried today, I seemed to have forgotten my password. So I changed it. Then upon logging in I was surprised to see that i had an LUD on my I-485 n this very same day!

Coindcidence? Or did the online password change trigger it? :confused:

I had to change my password once but it did not trigger a LUD, although I got an email from CRIS about change and new password.
Therefore it seems something is cooking;)

Keep ur fingers crossed.

Wish u all the luck and speedy approval. All my prayers are with you.
I would suggest calling NSC to keep the things moving and get the inside scoop if u could ;)

Wish u all the luck and speedy approval. All my prayers are with you.
I would suggest calling NSC to keep the things moving and get the inside scoop if u could ;)

I tried doing that by calling 1(800) 375 – 5283. But the recorded message sort of just reads what's in the online status and says that this is the most current update on my case and talking to USCIS customer service representatives will be useless because they do not have any further details on my case :confused: ...I should like only talk to them I wish to change my address or something...

What number did you call up? And how were you able to talk to a NSC agent? I just wanted to ask what the LUD meant and make sure that I'm not stuck in name check or something :)

I changed my password many times and didn't see any LUD changes (infact from the last one and half year).

So it is a good sign. What are your case details?

From the top of my head:

I485 - RD: 04/06/07, FP: 05/26/07, LUD: 09/18/07, AD: ?
I131 - 06/09/07 (Document mailed to applicant)
I765 - 06/22/07 (Card production ordered)

Any other peeps with 09/18/07 LUDs with no status/message updates?
What are the chances that it's security or name check?

POJ to call NSC

Dial 1-800-375-5283, then
option # 1-2-2-6-1-enter case #
Press 1 to confirm the LIN #
Listen to the message
Press option 3-4
Thi should connect you to NSC with an IO.
Good Luck!

i changed my password today (because it was expiring) and immediately in a couple of minutes i had a LUD in mail (but the online case status still shows the previous LUD). Few months back the same thing happened.

So the point is when u change ur password, u get an e mail stating that ur password has been changed, and the case status online doesnt change (because this LUD has no bearing on ur case) it is just a system generated information that ur password has been changed

Dial 1-800-375-5283, then
option # 1-2-2-6-1-enter case #
Press 1 to confirm the LIN #
Listen to the message
Press option 3-4
Thi should connect you to NSC with an IO.
Good Luck!

Thank you so much for this! I was able to speak with an IO who was very accomodating. (lucky me i guess! :) ). When I inquired if my case has already passed the security checks including FBI name check, she laughingly said that she is not suppossed to discuss it, but she'll divulge it anyway! :) Gee, I guess I caught her in a good mood eh? ;)

Anyway, she said that my case has already cleared the security checks and that it is just waiting to be assigned to an officer. :) What a relief!
Another important note that she mentioned was that they are currently out of visa numbers and won't have them until the first week of October. So I guess being approved this month is out of the question. I'm just wondering where the
visa numbers for the approvals this week are coming from? Or are they the last ones? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
another idea

i changed my password today (because it was expiring) and immediately in a couple of minutes i had a LUD in mail (but the online case status still shows the previous LUD). Few months back the same thing happened.

So the point is when u change ur password, u get an e mail stating that ur password has been changed, and the case status online doesnt change (because this LUD has no bearing on ur case) it is just a system generated information that ur password has been changed

Try changing password to "approveme" and see if next e-mail will be a welcome notice.

Good news!

Thank you so much for this! I was able to speak with an IO who was very accomodating. (lucky me i guess! :) ). When I inquired if my case has already passed the security checks including FBI name check, she laughingly said that she is not suppossed to discuss it, but she'll divulge it anyway! :) Gee, I guess I caught her in a good mood eh? ;)

Anyway, she said that my case has already cleared the security checks and that it is just waiting to be assigned to an officer. :) What a relief!
Another important note that she mentioned was that they are currently out of visa numbers and won't have them until the first week of October. So I guess being approved this month is out of the question. I'm just wondering where the
visa numbers for the approvals this week are coming from? Or are they the last ones? :confused:

This is exactly what they have been telling me right before my approval that my case is awaiting to be assigned to an officer. I would say sit tight and you should see it before end of this month.
Good Luck again :)