Change of status to J1 while H4 extension is pending

ahmetyilmaz

Hello, I am on H1B and my wife is on H4. I am now extending H1B and we currently have a pending extension application to USCIS. My wife is also trying to get J1, she has her DS2109 ready and want to apply for a change of status.

So if she applies to COS while H4 extension is pending, do you know if USCIS first waits for the extension to be decided and then process the COS, or do they process the COS without waiting H4 extension to finalize?

I am asking because her start day already passed and her J1 duration is 6 months. If USCIS takes more than 6 months, she will lose that position.

Please advise on your outcome and course of action

Hello, I am on H1B and my wife is on H4. I am now extending H1B and we currently have a pending extension application to USCIS. My wife is also trying to get J1, she has her DS2109 ready and want to apply for a change of status.

So if she applies to COS while H4 extension is pending, do you know if USCIS first waits for the extension to be decided and then process the COS, or do they process the COS without waiting H4 extension to finalize?

I am asking because her start day already passed and her J1 duration is 6 months. If USCIS takes more than 6 months, she will lose that position.

I and my wife are in the same exact situation.May you please advise on your course of action and outcome.Any reply.suggestion,advise much appreciated.Also if you recommend a lawyer for same .