Change of Status from B2 to F1

california85

Hi,

I am changing my status from B1 to F1 and I am filing I-539 with the I-20. In I-539 it asks if I am an applicant for immigrant visa and if anyone has filed the petition for me. I did apply for immigrant visa through my parents and I am waiting for the visa number. My parents have green card. What should I say on this question in I-539 about future immigration intent? I know that in order to get F1 status I have to prove that I will go back to my country, but how do I prove that when my family is here in the US and they are paying for my tuition? And plus the fact that I am waiting for my green card. Please respond if you were in this situation or know anyone who was in my position.

I am in the similar situation as you. But I am try to transfer from H1b to F1...and I also filed my immigration visa from my parents...
so Good luck and keep me updated!
Thanks!

hi, I am trying to change status from B1 to F1 (ESL program) too.
I mailed I-539 on 22nd February 2009
In May I got veeeeery long RFI
My deadline to mail it back was 6th June, and my lawyer mailed it on 6th and they should have got it on 7th, but when I check my online status it is written there that they received it on 17th July...
My question is:
how long do I have to wait for their decision?
I know that they have 60 days, but maybe someone got it earlier..?

it might take even longer than 60 days may be 6months or a yr long, in my case it took almost a yr. to receive but my case was little obscured by my lawyer.
hope this helps you.

I mailed I-539 on 22nd February 2009
In May I got veeeeery long RFI
My deadline to mail it back was 6th June, and my lawyer mailed it on 6th and they should have got it on 7th, but when I check my online status it is written there that they received it on 17th July...
My question is:
how long do I have to wait for their decision?