Change of Residential Address

NIW@VSC

Registered Users (C)
Is it okay to change residence (no change in job) while I485 petition is under processing? Will the address change cause any problems for I485 processing?

Your input will be appreciated.

Thanks

No Title

There shouldn\'t be any problems with address change. Just call up the INS for each applicant in 485 and give them the address change. I got my wife\'s EAD at my new address. The FP database maynot be updated with your new address, as it was in my case, but the FP notice was forwarded to me by the attorney, so that helped it.

aGCSeeker.

No Title

No problem. I changed it twice after filing I-485. First time, I wrote a letter to VSC with old address and new address specified. Second time, I just called VSC at: 802-527-4913 and updated the address through an IIO. My 485 was approved on Feb 1st and I got the courtesy copy on Feb 9 at my latest address.

No Title

What if the address happens to be in a different service center region. Or say the client site is in a different service region.
Would this be ok as well.
Kiran could you please advise on this.
Thx in advance

No Title

No Problem.

I just moved!. I talked to VSC IIOP; She was very nice and updated all the addresses.

Try calling around 8:00AM.

No Title

I have recently changed my address to different service region and an IIO told my lawyer that there is a possibility that the case may be transfered to other center..i hope it doesnt happen..

No Title

KiranHegde2, is there a form in INS for you to change your address when you worte the first time, and which section/office in VSC did you send your letter? Thanks in advance for your reply.

No Title

Nope, just a simple letter. No forms. Try calling otherwise. But after they update the address, double check by asking him/her to repeat it.