• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Change of Interview Location

Matrix4Ever

Hello,

I'm an Iranian student currently living in Toronto-Canada on a study permit. My DV winning notive says Post: Ankara(Turkey).

I was wondering if I can ask to have the interview here in Canada rather than in Turkey?

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Hello Matrix4ever,

I am Iranian too and I have won the DV 2006 and our interview was held in Ankara and still waiting for FBI check :(

As far as I know there is only some limited consulates where Iranian cases can be follow up in them such as Abu Dhabi, Ankara. But again youcan ask from KCC. They are really helpful.

Good Luck

Hi Bahar,

Thanks for your reply. So how was your interview experience? Anything in particular that I should bare in mind?

Btw, how long is the average wait time for the FBI check? I'm sure you must hear from them very soon since you were among 2006 winners, am I right?

Cheers!

Matrix4Ever said:
Hi Bahar,

Thanks for your reply. So how was your interview experience? Anything in particular that I should bare in mind?

Btw, how long is the average wait time for the FBI check? I'm sure you must hear from them very soon since you were among 2006 winners, am I right?

Cheers!

If you are canadian immigrant or live in canada more than 6 month you can switch your interview place from Turky to Canada. It is easy, just put us embassy name (Toronto) on DS122.

Good Luck

Well, the interview was pretty smooth and very short. They did not have asked very especial questions. Just routine questions.

The problem is with FBI name check (security name check), which will be applied for certain nationalities (it is obvious that Iran is one of the main ones). The person who interviewed us told us that it normally takes between 4 to 6 weeks, but for us it has been more than 8 weeks now :( really frustrated and do not now what to do :confused: . Hope you do not stuck in the same situation.