Change of employer on J1

dratish

Hi

I am currently a FMG on J1 visa just started working in a hospital on July 1. However for family reasons, I want to quit my job and take up another hospital job at different hospital in different city/state where my wife is working.

What will happen to my J1 status which is sponsored by ECFMG? Apparently if i quit or get fired, ECFMG may not be in a position to sponsor my J1 any longer..is this true?

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Hi

I am currently a FMG on J1 visa just started working in a hospital on July 1. However for family reasons, I want to quit my job and take up another hospital job at different hospital in different city/state where my wife is working.

What will happen to my J1 status which is sponsored by ECFMG? Apparently if i quit or get fired, ECFMG may not be in a position to sponsor my J1 any longer..is this true?

Can anyone help me with this problem?

If you are sponsored by the ECFMG, your transfer should by through the ECFMG. The ECFMG is the only sponsor for all J visas for FMGs and any transfer is through them. If it is in the same specialty, this transfer is quite easy, but if in another specialty (even if there is very minor difference), you have to have another letter of need and start the process over.