Change of employer b4 I-485 approval, interview pending

sunil_verma

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I will greatly appreciate any sugestions/help with this regard...

I filed my I-140/I-485 concurrently in Feb '04, I-140 approved in June '05, I-485 still pending, interview scheduled on Sep 1, '05.

I was working thru company A (which filed my I-485) in company B for last five years. The job description for filing I485 is exactly same as the dutied I perform in company B, After approval of my I-140, I joined company B as full-time employee in July '05.

My question is:

Do I need to inform USCIS about change of employer ?
OR should I tell this to the interviewing officer (as he will know about this from Job Verification Letter anyways) ?
Is there anything else that I need to do as far as change of employer is concerned ?

:confused:

Thanks in advance,
SV

Last edited by a moderator:
sunil_verma said:
Hello,

I will greatly appreciate any sugestions/help with this regard...

I filed my I-140/I-485 concurrently in Feb '04, I-140 approved in June '05, I-485 still pending, interview scheduled on Sep 1, '05.

I was working thru company A (which filed my I-485) in company B for last five years. The job description for filing I485 is exactly same as the dutied I perform in company B, After approval of my I-140, I joined company B as full-time employee in July '05.

My question is:

----------------- take the B letter at the time of Interview
OR should I tell this to the interviewing officer (as he will know about this from Job Verification Letter anyways) ?
----------------------- take the permanent job offer letter of B with same/similar job duties at the time of Interview to invoke AC21
Is there anything else that I need to do as far as change of employer is concerned ?

:confused:

Thanks in advance,
SV

Thanks Ginnu, I appreciate your quick response...

----------------- take the permanent job offer letter of B with same/similar job duties at the time of Interview to invoke AC21

The offer letter I have from company B does not mention any of my job duites, I am making sure that the Job verification letter that company B providing contain the job duties as mentioned in the labor application.

Is it mandatory to have job description on the offer letter ?

I received the offer from company B in November '04 (still 180 days after filing I-485) but since my I-140 was not approved so I did not except the offer till July '05. Will that be a problem ???

Thanks again,
SV

sunil_verma said:
Thanks Ginnu, I appreciate your quick response...

----------------- take the permanent job offer letter of B with same/similar job duties at the time of Interview to invoke AC21

The offer letter I have from company B does not mention any of my job duites, I am making sure that the Job verification letter that company B providing contain the job duties as mentioned in the labor application.
--------------------- Verma ji, do that employer letter should have your name, date of join, salary, working full time as(job title) and job duties and permanent job offer after I-485 approval.
Is it mandatory to have job description on the offer letter ?
--------------- YES, how the USCIS officer will know if job duties are same/similar????
I received the offer from company B in November '04 (still 180 days after filing I-485) but since my I-140 was not approved so I did not except the offer till July '05. Will that be a problem ???

-------------------------- no problem, Take the job offer letter with RECENT DATE on it wnen you go for Interview

Thanks again,
SV