Change of Attorney - Help!!!

udp

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

What is the process of changing attorney during 485 stage. I found out that we need to fill in G-28 form But my confusion is that does one need to file G28 for spouse as well.

I mean do we have to file 2 G28 forms one for primary applicant and another for Spouse.

If anyone has done this would really appreciate sharing their experience.

Thanks,
udp.

I also need to change my attorny....My I-485 is pending and I need to change my lawyer because he is in jail.

The new lawyer that you hire should take care of the paperwork.

Just make sure he does so.

Checked with the (new) lawyer.

Need to file 2 G-28 forms, both for myself and my wife.

Thank you,

udp.

Hi,

Its not mine, Its Isitworthit lawyer who is in Jail.

Sorry can't answer your q. I had to change lawyers due to company change.

Thanks,
udp.

Just FYI, I've been told by 2 attorneys that G-28 alone, without any other paperwork, very seldomly finds its way to your application. So it does make sense to file it with other documentation - EAD or AP renewal or, God forbid, RFE.
I can say that for me it was true - one of the lawyers filed G-28 for me and for my spouse w/o any other papers and it didn't find its way to our applications.

Originally posted by udp
Hi,

What is the process of changing attorney during 485 stage. I found out that we need to fill in G-28 form But my confusion is that does one need to file G28 for spouse as well.

I mean do we have to file 2 G28 forms one for primary applicant and another for Spouse.

If anyone has done this would really appreciate sharing their experience.

Thanks,
udp.