Change of address

hug

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am a derivative asylum. I got the status 4 months ago. Recently I found a job in another state. Since the job is temporary (about 4-6 months) my wife (principle asylum) does not come with me and stays at the current address/state.
I will not rent a house in the new state. I will live in a hotel or temporary places and will come back home at weekends.

Utility bills and bank accounts will be still in my name in the original state.

Should I change my address with USCIS ? if yes, what address should I give them? I probably change my hotels several times!

my lawyer told me I do not have to change it since my "Home" is still the same. Is that correct?

Appreciate your help

Last edited by a moderator:
It means you have asylum status granted so I don't see reason to notify USCIS, you are not waiting anything from them right? Even if you do, your wife still can get mail correspondence

It means you have asylum status granted so I don't see reason to notify USCIS, you are not waiting anything from them right? Even if you do, your wife still can get mail correspondence

Until you get your GC you have to inform them of any address change. And the reason is not just receiving mails but for security and monitoring purposes.

But my case is a bit complicated.