• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Change of Address

Ausman21

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have my interview at the end of this month. I have everything sorted and the case has been handed over to the US Embassy in London. Do i need to inform the US Embassy in London that i have moved house in the last couple of weeks as i am worried they might wonder why the majority of my documents have my last address on them. This address I have moved to is an address that i have previously lived in a couple of yrs ago so was involved with my police check. If anyone has an idea please let me know.

Anyone got any idea on this one at all?? Im thinking i might just email the US embassy in London anyway!

Anyone got any idea on this one at all?? Im thinking i might just email the US embassy in London anyway!

There is no need to inform the US Embassy about your change of address. Just attend the interview, then after the interview let the interview officer aware that you just recently moved house and that you would like your passport and other documents mail to the new address you will provide to them.

This is the procedure a friend used when he went for his dv lottery interview in London. When paying for the courier service (DHL), they will ask you the address which you want them to send your parcel, then give them the new address.

Hi there,

I might need to change the address too, but I was wondering, is that possible to change the address after my interview in US Embassy? Can I still inform the US Embassy or the Immigration Officer at the airport to change the address?

Thanks,
TK

Hi there,

I might need to change the address too, but I was wondering, is that possible to change the address after my interview in US Embassy? Can I still inform the US Embassy or the Immigration Officer at the airport to change the address?

Thanks,
TK

What address are you talking about? Address to receive your visa or address in the US where you will be staying?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mailing address where they will mail my green card to.

In that regard, you don't have any problem. You can change your address by mailing to kcc before your interview date is booked; you can change it at the embassy during -or before your interview at the US consulate/embassy; and you can change it at the point of entry (POE).