Change of Address

EB1_Slamdunk

Registered Users (C)
Dear Forum Members, I moved to a new residence a couple of days ago. I filed AR11 this morning by post. I also called USCIS and they said now they do address change on their web site and not over the phone. Before calling USCIS, I had already chekced their web site but all it had was an electronic AR11 which doesn't update the system for our pending Green Card applications. So, upon my persistence, the USCIS representative agreed to change the address over the phone. So, I gave the new address to her. She said it'd take 30 to 45 days (can you believe it?!) for them to change the address in the system.

My question is that when should I follow-up with them now to make sure they've entered the new address in the system? Should I wait for 30-45 days or just call them in a week or two? Any experiences?

Thanks.

EB1_Slamdunk

Filling up electronic AR-11 with the pending case number should have taken care of you problem. Yes, they do ask you the pending case number when you file AR-11 electronically.

Filling up electronic AR-11 with the pending case number should have taken care of you problem. Yes, they do ask you the pending case number when you file AR-11 electronically.

Hi, gc_eb1ea, I don't see any blank for pending case number in the online ar11 form. Maybe I didn't go far enough. What will happen if I click the "Signature" button at the bottom of the page? Thanks!

Hi, gc_eb1ea, I don't see any blank for pending case number in the online ar11 form. Maybe I didn't go far enough. What will happen if I click the "Signature" button at the bottom of the page? Thanks!

After you click the signature button, you should see a page asking for all the pending case numbers. I think.

Ar-11

Do not forget to request for update of your address on your pending cases when you complete the AR-11.

Initially, I was also a little hesitant to file AR11 online since it didn't give me any option to enter my application numbers. However, when you finish AR-11 on-line and click on the submit button, you'll be presented with an option to change your address for your pending 140, 485 and other forms/applications. I did it a few days ago and also got e-notification telling me it was done.

EB1_Slamdunk

Do you see any LUD changes once you change addresses? Perhaps even a few days later?
Thanks

Yes, I did. In fact, I also got a couple of notices (one for me, the other for my wife) at our new address for confirmation within a week of my changing address online.

EB1_Slamdunk

Do you see any LUD changes once you change addresses? Perhaps even a few days later?
Thanks

Darn - I changed my address over the phone almost a week ago (on April 6) and saw LUD changes on my I-485 and I-131 yesterday and then another LUD on all my pending applications today - I suspected it's because of the address change but part of me hoped it might be something else (like...I don't know...imminent approval)! Oh well, thanks!

Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned in my earlier posts - I also saw two LUD's and I was feeling exactly the same as you - but obviously it was unrealistic. :)

EB1_Slamdunk

Darn - I changed my address over the phone almost a week ago (on April 6) and saw LUD changes on my I-485 and I-131 yesterday and then another LUD on all my pending applications today - I suspected it's because of the address change but part of me hoped it might be something else (like...I don't know...imminent approval)! Oh well, thanks!