Change of Address Issue

She8me

Registered Users (C)
Hey anyone had to deal with change of address issue?

It\'s been just over a year waiting for my I-485 and 3 months ago my case was transferred to the local Chicago office. I have recently moved (still in Chicagoland area) and have setup mail forwarding...would there be any reason for me to notify the INS Chicago office of my new address at this point in time? I\'m just afraid of disrupting things so late in the game. I believe the only thing I may get in the mail are perhaps Fingerprint redo, RFE or Appointment notices. Then eventually at the time of stamping I can inform them of my new address for the GC mailing.

What do you think?

same problem

Dont want to interrupt anything.
We have given a friends address and have changed our old address (Our license have our new address not the friends)

Now we have our second FP and that is in the old addres which is in a different state. Dont know what to do.
Can any one help.

Our attorney said to go to the local center and try doing Fp, which would be somewhere in NJ.

Do u guys think we should book a ticket to fly to Atlanta or try one in NJ. Will they ask why we have one address in License and some other in the documents.

Any help is appreciated

Smitha :confused:

By law, you must notify USCIS about the change of address within 10 days of the move. If you don't USCIS may claim that you are trying to commit a fraud.

Smitha, talk to your lawyer again and mention the law (AR-11 10-day requirement). Ask what repercussions might be. May be the best way would be to call BCIS and say that you moved and your fingerprint notice went to the old address and now you would like to schedule an appointment at your local location. They would probably ask you when you moved and you won't be able to bend the truth a little bit because your driver's license has issuance date. I hate to say it, but you seem to be in a bad situation.

Oh, I forgot to add. Mail forwarding may not work for USCIS letters. Some post offices don't forward such mail. I think it's safe to change addresses and it shouldn't disrupt anything. On the contrary, you can get into troubles if your old post office is strict about forwarding rules.