Change of Address and User profile..

manoj2003

Registered Users (C)
I called NSC this morning and changed my address on my pending applications.

does some know if this would change last updated date in the USCIS profile also?

I thought it would and I was hoping to see last updated date changed there as that would have confirmed that they made address change on the pending case..did not see anything yet..

does some one has any info to share on this..

thx a lot

Nope. Last Updated date is not affected by Change of Address. For everything else it is... Because Change of Address is the only thing that you can initiate, that is why CIS does not change Last updated date. All other requests are not in your hands, they are employer or CIS... :)

In short CIS does not want to give any control to fellow immigrants...

Thanks.

It did change the last updated date based on my experience. I call 1-800 number 3/15/04 to change the address for my I-485 application with VSC. After gave her all the information (case #, A #, old and new address etc...), she told me I should recieve a letter from VSC in a month confirming the address change. Sure after a month, I received nothing. I called the same number again on 4/20/04, another lady told me there are nothing else they can do besides file a new change address to VSC again. So we did that. And on 4/23/04 when I checked my account, the I-485 last updated date became 4/23/04, still the same old message. And on Monday 4/26/04, I got an email said my I-140 has been approved, my I-485 last updated date are 4/26/04 since then. Last Friday (4/30/04) I got my I-140 approval notice from my company, and the change address notice was also waiting me at home that same day. So I am 100% sure that the last update on my I-485 was changing address.

I would not vouch for that... b'coz Last Updated dates are changing with no logic... It really could have been because of some internal CIS processing which does not update any status...

Thanks.

manoj2003,

Don't go by last updated date - it is very random - people have reported same in many posts. Besides what does last updated dated means to you when you don't know what they are talking about! It is useless feature unless they tell what is happening at that point!

Originally posted by AllIAskedWas1GC
Nope. Last Updated date is not affected by Change of Address. For everything else it is... Because Change of Address is the only thing that you can initiate, that is why CIS does not change Last updated date. All other requests are not in your hands, they are employer or CIS... :)

In short CIS does not want to give any control to fellow immigrants...

Thanks.

Not everything is employer controlled. I485/EAD/AP are all controlled by you (employee). I140 and labor are in employers control

Originally posted by gc_majburi
Not everything is employer controlled. I485/EAD/AP are all controlled by you (employee). I140 and labor are in employers control

All these are USCIS controlled. :D

thx for all inputs guys, I was hoping to see it changed so that i could get a confirmation that it is changed, i really doubt the lady i spoke this morning.. i had a real hard time to explain that i filed i-140 and not i-130 and i-485 and not n-400....

god bless them :D

re:

manoj.
did u just call the 800 number of BCIS to change the address. did u move to a state that falls within a different service center. also is the change of address that u are talking and AR11 same thing

I140helppls,

I called them on NSC so that they can change my address on pending applications as they need to send me my FP notice some time in next 5 yrs....
:D ...AR-11 comes under some law which says that if we not citizen then we need to informe INS about our new address withtin 10 days of move so that they can supply our fooed and water...:p , but what they told me today is that AR-11 would not change ur addres on any pending Case and for that we need to call there NSC number and let them make bhaja fry of our mind for 20 mins.

thx

Yes, change of address is a pain.

My lawyer's associate called the 800 number to change my address and the folks at USCIS made a mess out of the situation by thinking that the associate is now my new lawyer (change of lawyer).

So, they sent me a notice home (addressed to my lawyer's associate, as if he lives with me) saying that I need to file some other form to change my lawyer.

I was thoroughly confused and then my lawyer told me to call them directly to change the address.

When I called them, I was on the phone with a lady who sounded more confused than I was for half an hour (this is after being put on hold for half an hour). Finally, I think the lady changed my address.
Then she said that my spouse has to call for his own address change because the rules had changed just the previous week and I could do only my address change.

I hope they have the right address now ! My EAD got approved on April 27 and I still have not received anything !!
:)