Change of address after stamping

nscnohope

Registered Users (C)
My I485 was approved and I stamped my passport earlier this month. I would like to change my residence. I understand that NSC takes quite a while to send the plastic card. So is it ok to change residence after stamping and before arrival of plastic card ? If so whom should i contact to let know my new address ? Any experiences in this regard will be helpful. My lawyer says that INS has tough time keeping up with address changes and i have to call them repeatedly to confirm ? Ur inputs would be appreciated.

re address change

It is okay to change your address. Go to INS website and fill up a form for address change. It will take about 1-2 months for the address change to take effect. After about 2 months call the INS and make sure your address has changed. I did change my address during my green card process and there was no problem. My center was also NSC

sunkad

Did u change address after getting stamped

Thanks for ur reply. DId u change ur address after getting ur passport stamped ? Also which INS form are u referring ?
Thanks again for ur info ?

No Title

You must file Form AR-11 (Change of address) with INS if you move. That doesn\'t mean that they will act on it. But even if they don\'t, your GC will be forwarded to your new address by USPS provided you register change of address with them.

That helps

Thanks for ur reply. I am relieved. I heard from some folks that INS related stuffs are not forwarded. I donot know how such rumors gets spread around. Thanks again

Address change verifcation phone number

Hello Venkat

Your message on Address change was very useful , can you please give the phone number , which we have to call to verify the change of address .

Thanks
Pavan

No Title

You could also mail form G-731 to your service center, which is a specific form to inquire the status of the green card. You may want to check the \'Change of Address\' checkbox on page 1.

HTH