Change of Address after Approval...

cGreen

Registered Users (C)
Just realized that INS has not updated my address to the one I gave when we went for finger printing! Need your advice on how to proceed so that i can get the plastic card at the correct address.

My options:
[1] Call IIO and request them to update address real time?
[2] Write new address in the form when we go for Passport stamping?
[3] File AC11?

Has anyone tried the first two options successfully??

Thanks,

PP Stamped at SJ INS

Today we got our PP stamped at the INS office in San Jose.

Went at stood in the main line at around 6:30am. There were nearly 100 people in front. Around 7:00am we were directed to the Appointment Only line by an officer. Got in around 7:10am. I was 12th in the queue. There were about 3 counters serving the I-485 approval cases. My turn came around 8:00am. The officer at the counter (lady of Indian origin) was very polite. She took my PP/ Photos/ I94/ Approval notice. Asked me if I needed to update my mailing address. She then took my fingerprint and signature and asked me to wait for 10min. And indeed at 8:10am she called me and handed over my PP with the stamp! Same story for my wife. We both were out of INS office by 8:20am!!

Btw. I did change my address by calling the IIO last Tuesday. Had to wait for about 20min (not bad at all!!) to get thru to a lady officer. She updated our address and wished us Good DAY!! Simble...