Change jobs or no?? Help??

optimistic02

Registered Users (C)
I have a great job offer and am seriously considering it.
The only problem is that I just replied to an RFE and based on the stats I might get approved soon.

What happens if I have given my notice at this company and my 485 gets approved before my last day here?

There are rules that I can leave now because of the 180 day law but after Approval I don't think I am protected.

Please advise...I don't know what to do!!

Gone Crazy

GCHopeless is going crazy....all this waiting time is affecting his brain.....

"you are your own God"....What is that supposed to mean?

Dear MR. Optimistic02,

I do not know the answer to your question, but I would go for the money.......:cool:

Dear bulova:

Thank you for your concern. I am doing fine although certainly traumatized.

What I wanted to say was, you make your own decision and are responsible for the consequences resulting from this decision.

AC21 is out there. Some people go for it, some other people are hesitatant. I changed job after 10 months (those 10 painful months, you know). But you need to THINK CLEAR before you also make such a decision.

Best of luck everybody. I know we are all on the way to the better.

God save the INS.

I know AC21 covers me now while my 485 is pending.

My concern is that if I give "2 week notice" and my 485 gets approved during those 2 weeks then I am not covered under AC21.

I believe once approved you have to stay with sponsoring company for a couple of months.

Your thoughts...

Me to! :)!

Believe it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am in the same situation.!!
Almost.
But one difference. I havent had an RFE yet. My rd is Aug21 and nd is Sep26, so I am hoping(being optimistic I agree!) to hear from INS this week or in a couple of weeks.
I have this AC21 confusion also since if I get approved I might have to go with my current company for 2-3 more months as a safety step.
But the new job is so so better and stabler than my current one.
ForumFriends! You thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

COMMENT

WHAT HAPPENS IF IT IS PAST 180 DAYS OF FILING 485 AND YOU GIVE NOTICE THAT YOU WILL QUIT THE JOB TO THE EMPLOYER. THE NOTICE PERIOD LET'S SAY IS 6 MONTHS. NOW, IF DURING THIS NOTICE PERIOD, YOU ARE EITHER LOOKING FOR A JOB OR IN TRANSITION TO ANOTHER JOB AND YOU ARE STILL WITH CURRENT EMPLOYER, I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS IN THIS SCENARIO:
1.WHAT IF THE EMPLOYER INFORMS INS THAT I AM LEAVING THE JOB
2.WHAT IF INS ASKS FOR LETTER FROM CURRENT EMPLOYER-THE CURRENT EMPLOYER MAY NOT GIVE THE LETTER BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN SERVED NOTICE OF RESIGNATION AND THE FUTURE EMPLOYER MAY NOT GIVE BECAUSE I HAVE NOT STARTED WORKING YET! MY GUESS IS THAT THE LATTER IF AGREES TO GIVE THE LETTER SAYING HE IS GOING TO BE EMPLOYING ME IN THE SAME OR SIMILAR PROFESSION, GETTING SAME OR SIMILAR SALARY AND WITH SAME OR SIMILAR JOB DESCRIPTION, IT SHOULD SERVE THE PURPOSE FOR INS. PLEASE COMMENT

ALSO IF I FIND A JOB IN ANOTHER JURISDICTION, WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO SHIFT MY CASE TO ANOTHER CENTER AND WILL THAT DELAY THE PROCESS OF APPROVAL?
DEV