Change Jobs after GC

schivuku

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,
I have applied for I-485 in January 2002, I am expecting my GC soon. after I get my GC is there a time limit that I should stick to my old company or can I change immediately since its more than 180 days?? any ideas.

RD Jan 9,2002

schivuku,

It is better if you stay atleast 6 months with the sponsoring employer or if you can get a termination leter, you are free to join any company anytime.

Actually this question has to be forwarded to BCIS. May your own judgement since our friends are equally divided on this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks sai

Should we wait 6 more months although its already 180 days. I guess so.
thanks for your reply

Edison Please give me more details

What do you mean by your friends are equally divided on this??. What happens after I get stamping on my passport. do I wait for the plastic card and in the mean while does the INS ask for a proof of my employment with the previous company??. Can I use AC -21 at that time to change jobs?? any ideas
thanks in advance

Re: Edison Please give me more details

Originally posted by schivuku
What do you mean by your friends are equally divided on this??. What happens after I get stamping on my passport. do I wait for the plastic card and in the mean while does the INS ask for a proof of my employment with the previous company??. Can I use AC -21 at that time to change jobs?? any ideas
thanks in advance

What he meant was, there are no hard and fast rules in switching jobs, '6 months' is an ideal period to wait before changing jobs. Once approved, BCIS don't ask for any proof, but they definitely look in to your case when you apply for citizenship.