change job after FP

goodguys

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks,
PD 08/98 EB3 India
ND/RD 10/99
FP 08/2000
 It looks like I need to wait for a long time for PD 08/98 to become current. I have been thinking to change the job and ask my new employer to change EB3 to EB2.

1. Is it possible?
2. If possible then what are the procedures I need to redo?

Anyway my current employer changed the name and I have to redo my I140. I have been struggling to make a right decision. Any thought on this regard might help ?

Thank you in advance
Good Guy

No Title

Maybe you should wait just a little longer (about a couple of weeks). Once Prez. Bill Clinton signs the bill approved by the senate and congress, your question will be moot for two reasons:

1. It is anticipated that all PDs will become current.
2. You will be allowed to change jobs if your 485 has been pending for 180 days or above.

Follow the link "READ THE NEW LAW WITH OUR COMMENTS" from Mr. Khanna\'s home page.

No Title

Could you please confirm your RD/ND for i485??

The last I heard, VSC was not issuing FP notices for Indian/Chinese nationals with ND in 10/99; while you claim to have done FP in 8/00. Could you please tell us your city of residence?

Thanks.

No Title

Amar,
Thank you for the reply.
I appreciate your suggestion. I will wait for few more weeks to think about it seriously.
Incase if the bill S2045 enacted,
can I change the company continuing the GC process as it is? Whether my current employer has to agree with new employer to transfer the application ? any thoughts?
Thank you once again Amar.
Good Guy

No Title

Good Guy. Any idea as to how long it takes to redo I-140 because of name change and what exactly does it involve.

No Title

ob.
I dont know exactly. I dont want to give you inaqurate information. I heard in this forum it took 4 weeks. Hope it gives you an idea.
Thank you
Good Guy.

No Title

If the bill is signed, I am told that you can change employers (assuming you have a I485 application pending for 180 days or more). I don\'t think you would need your employer to agree to the transfer. However, it is just my guess as I haven\'t seen anything that specifically states one way or another.

No Title

Amar,
you know when the bill will be signed by Bill? In case if the bill is signed and if I change job, can I ask my new employer to apply in the EB2 maintaining the same priority date,I40/I485?
any thoughts?
Goodguy

No Title

I don\'t know what President Clinton\'s schedule is. He has indicated that he will sign the bill.

I don\'t know much about changing from EB2 to EB3. All I have is a question for you: Why?

If the new bill becomes a law, then it is anticipated that it will open up a lot of unused visa numbers. When that happens, it is anticipated that there will be a lot of movement in EB3 PDs. Which means, it is very likely that your PD will become current as a result of the new law. So why do you want to change to EB2? I don\'t see any advantage in doing that. Do you?

Amar

No Title

Amar,

Do you have any idea when my case will be approved.
PD 09/98
ND/ND 10/99
FP 08/2000
EB3/India
I may get offer from the company I work for? Inthat case under what circumstance I could maintain my PD/485app? SHould my current employer (who applied Labor/i485) have to have any agreement with my new employer? Any thoughts?
Goodguy

No Title

Too many questions and I have no answers to any of them. My PD is Feb 97, EB3, India, and I have no clue when my AoS will be approved. Look at my details:

PD 02/98
ND/RD 08/99
FP 04/00

All my dates are about 2-6 months ahead of yours. It is reasonable to assume that mine will be done before yours. I\'ll keep you posted. Once you hear the good news from me, you can start planning your own party. Sorry, can\'t be of more help.

No Title

Amar

I thought the bill has been signed by President. Am I wrong? If so what is the bill he signed? Is it related to just H1 Quota. Could you please update on this for me please. I am having some problems with one of my collegues at client place. Now a days she is acting strange and becoming rude with out any work related knowledge. I am really frustrated here. I would like to quit as soon as possible. I am still waiting for my approval. Any feed back is greatly appreciated. Thanks Amar.

No Title

Unfortunately, we all have a collegue like that. The bill has been signed by the Prez and is now the law of the land. That means, you can change jobs if your adjustment of status application (I485) has been on file for 180 days or more. But please, please talk to a lawyer. I am NOT an expert. Take my comments with a ton of salt.

No Title

hello folks,
i heard from my friends that there would be a huge jump in the PD during the month of Dec/Jan 2001. Does any one have any opinion on that?
Here is my details.
PD-08/98
ND/RD-10/99
FP-08/2000
EB3/India
I\'m in dilema whether I need to stay with my current employer until i get GC or jump company and keep the same PD.
Any suggesstions on this regard are highly appreciated.

Good guy