Change in Immigrant Visa Processing Procedures (India) as on Jan 2002 -GC-CP

Help Needed

Hi Gurus,
I have submitted my packet 3 with the chennai consulate on jan 3rd with all my originals as per my lawyer instructions. At that point of time I had only the approval notice from the NVC without the Visa Number. Now yesterday I recieved my Visa Number from NVC with P3 info again. Can anyone tell me what excatly I should be doing now as my original I140 and of230 were already their at chennai. any help in this matter is really appreciated.

Purnaram
Email: purnaram@yahoo.com

Please provide details.

Are you in one of EB2 or EB3? If so, what kind of approval notice did you receive from NVC?

AFAIK, NVC does not send any "approval notice".

Visa numbers are irrelevant at the stage of Packet 3 filing.

Also, most consulates are now using DS 230. Did NVC or your consulate require you to submit OF230?

The only communication you receive from NVC after an I-140 approval from INS is a Packet 3 (aka "Instructions for IV applicants"). This contains a bar coded cover letter and instructions on what materials documents / application fees ) to send, where to send, etc. Based on your choice of consulate, NVC may instruct you to either send materials to St. Louis or directly to the consulate. If your application is incomplete, you may receive request for more information. If not, you will receive a Packet 4 from the appropriate agency.

Help Needed

I am in EB2 category.
The problem I had was I submitted the packet3 at chennai consulate even before the NVC could send me P3 as it was already delayed by 2 months and I recieved no communucation from NVC. By lawyer said its fine to submit p3 without getting the Visa Number. Yeah I submitted the DS 230 sheet only. Now I got the P3 packet from NVC should I resubmit my papers again at NVC in st.louis?

One more quick question My lawyer says in the my wife\'s doesn\'t appear in the new document. can any one tell be exact prodedure to add wife\'s name after 140 approval.

Does new procedure apply to P3 received before Jan 2002

hi,

I received my P3 from the NVC in Octobe, 2001. At that time the old procedure of sending in your P3 docs without any payment was still in affect.

I am thinking of sending in my documents now. Do i have to mail them to the indian consulate directly (mumbai in my case). I do not have any instructions for sending them to the St Louis and nor do i have any return envelope.

Thanks for your help.