change in cut-off date, I-485

That is insane

I certainly hope that that is some error but probbaly it is true. However, what about people who posted messages last week that they got approved and their NDs are in 2000?

I think they received a lot queries from us asylees about our I-485 processing, and that's probably why they changed the processing date. It seems that they have approved applications with NDs as far as March of 2000, no cinsistency here!

Gino

I think everyone in "Political Asylum in USA" forum has interest only on asylum based I-485. It seems obivious to me that when we talk about I-485, we are referring to asylum based I-485.

go2bk

Well, the official USCIS dates are as of Dec. 1, 2004 - they're just too lazy to update their website on time. The new dates, published on Dec. 15, will appearon USCIS website sometime next week, or the week after!

That's ridiculous

I wish Ngwanyia Ashcroft negotiation comes to some sort of agreement. Boy that is one good news I'm anxiously waiting to hear. BTW, does anyone has any sneak preview of what's going on with that?

it is official, USCIS changed the cut off date. Is this to reflect real-time processing dates or something else? Anybody has any idea? This is freaky ... :confused:

When is exactly the currently processing date?

I remember couple weeks ago the processing date was january 2000 but now it went back to December 1999? why did INS change it back? My notice date is august 2000, is it possible that somewhere before the end of 2005 I will get approved for my I-485 application? on Average how many months the processing date per year changed? 6 months? 3 months? I'm really frustrate with this. :(

It is worrisome that the dates moved back from March 2000 to December 1999. When looking at the anticipated dates on the CIS website, keep in mind they are just approximations and that the last update to the page was done back in April 2004.

Let's hope they start picking up on the processing of Asylum adjudications. I personally don't see reason for the cut-back on the date - unless they discovered they had more unresolved cases between Nov. 16 - Dec 9 1999.