change I-140 on I-485

rav8tor

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
      I work for company X and have applied for I-485/EAD/AP on EB-2 (MD 10/10, RD 10/11 ND? ( checks were cashed on 11/28 !). I
      would like to change to company Y ASAP. Would it be possible to file a new I-140 (EB1 OR this time) with Y at VSC and add it on
      to the current I-485 (and drop old I-140) ? An EB-1 OR lasts roughly 3 months from filling to approval, judgind by current waiting
      lists..

I am familiar with AC21 and I know that I can change jobs after 6 months RD on I-485 (although there is some discussion on whether
      RD or ND should be considered). I am simply trying to avoid additional headaches and interview delays- which seem to accompany
      AC21 cases.

Thanks, and I would appreciate your advice.

AC21 does not necessarily mean interviews

It may mean an RFE, but I personally know of a lot of cases (mine included) that used AC21 without any problems.

I know it is possible to file an amended 140 and then have it attached to your case by speaking to an IIO, but at that point you\'ve already done more work and complicated things more than an AC21 case. The whole point of AC21 was to avoid having to do this!!!

485 status check

applied for 485,ap and ead 4-5 weeks back in vsc. what is the number to check the status and how to check.will i recive the receipt notices or the lawyer.

No Title

Thank you for telling me about the ammended I-140 procedure OutofTime...It\'s nice to know that are several options open, even though you are right about AC21. You never know with these employers...
Good luck to you !