1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Sarayleonsito

    Sarayleonsito New Member

    Hello everyone, this is my first post.
    My husband has a tn visa,he has it for a year and expired on June 21 but through the form I129 obtained the extension but still does not process the visa.
    We are from México and we have a 3-year-old son, for the moment we are visiting here in the USA and I am reporting on the form I 359.
    We want to change to B2 to TD.
    I would like to know if it is possible to process it even though my husband does not have a visa yet (but I129 is approved) and if so, what requirements do we need?
    He can obtain his approval through this form (I359)
    Thank you
  2. newacct

    newacct Well-Known Member

    Yes, you can file I-539 for Change of Status from B2 to TD.

    Your husband doesn't need a visa -- visas are only for entry and he is not entering. His TN status is given by his I-94 that came with his I-129 approval.

Share This Page