Change address during 485 - Help

hailstorm

Registered Users (C)
I am posting this for a friend of mine.

He got an I-140 approved from the Vermont center as a work with extra ordinary skills. He initiated his I-485 from vermont center since he lives in upstate new york. His RD is Sep2002. He now wants to move to South Carolina. Will this move cause any delay in the I-485 process? will his case be transfered to a different service center? ANy help will be greatly appreciated. His life is on the hold while he figures out the consquences of the move.

Thanks

1. It's always a good practice to file AR-11 when you move to new place.
2. Change of address will not transfer the application file to another service centre (Texas in this case). How ever, when the adjudicator picks up this file, if he feels that the candidate needs to be interviewed, then he will transfer the case to a local service center (i don't know if that would be to TSC or to a local bcis center).

This is my 3rd state of residence

I applied for my I-485 in Feb 2002. I was in Pensylvania that time. 4 months after applying, I moved to California, sent an AR-11 form to Vermont Service center and Kentucky Service Center. Stayed there for 1 year and now moved to Arizona. Did the same thing this time.

There are so many people who are in the consultancy business, frequently move from state to state during the I-485 processing period.

Your friend is unnecessarily bothering about a non critical issue.