chances on us visa? help

super89

Im a 58 years old indian male,director of an ngo organization. I have worked with USAID aided CARE for 20 years. i have my own house in india. i want to visit USA. I want to apply for visiting visa. and want it desperately.i have a daughter who is 21 yrs old, n have her marriage in 7 months.me,my wife and my daughter all want to visit usa for tourism purpose.do we have any chances on getting the visa? what all should i say in my interview?

You have a bright chance as your ties back in the country are pretty strong. All you need to do in the interview is demonstrate your ties clearly to the consular officer and provide the documents required for the visa. Good Luck!!!

Consular officers tend to focus on factors that help us determine whether the applicants possess compelling ties to applicant’s home country:

If the applicants have traveled to the U.S. previously, how long did they stay?
How many children and grandchildren do the applicants have back in home country?
Have the relatives in the U.S. ever returned to home country to visit their families as is normal for foreign students, workers, and residents in the U.S.?
Are the applicant active professionally in their home country; if so, what is their income and the nature of their work?

Counselor

Im a 58 years old indian male,director of an ngo organization. I have worked with USAID aided CARE for 20 years. i have my own house in india. i want to visit USA. I want to apply for visiting visa. and want it desperately.i have a daughter who is 21 yrs old, n have her marriage in 7 months.me,my wife and my daughter all want to visit usa for tourism purpose.do we have any chances on getting the visa? what all should i say in my interview?

You have to apply to the US Embassy that you want to visit USA as tourist, incase they give you a B1 visa, you will have to return home after six months, you can not overstay.

You have a great chance. Just be prepared to document FULLY the following:

Evidence of ownership of your house;
Evidence of your job, length of time you've worked there, position and importance of position within the company;
Evidence of return tickets or planned itinerary to come back.

Then just prepare to answer the questions at the interview and you'll be fine. Good luck.

I94 date is more than Visa Expiry date

Hi,

My I94 date is Feb 2014 but my L1 B expiry date is January ,2013 . So my company can not process my L1 extension now. Is there is way , if i can get a new I-94 with same date as my visa expiry date ? So that my company can process my L1 extension soon .

I have heard about some options like going to Canada and come back but not really sure how did that work.

Please advice me with some useful options.

Will appreciate a response .

Thanks,
Shikha

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, you should have started your own thread and not hijacked someone else's.

Secondly, as long as you have a valid L-1 visa, make a trip to Canada. On the way out, surrender your current I-94. Re-enter the US and you will get a new I-94. I am curious as to how (and why) your first I-94 did not match your L-1B status validity.

I have heard about some options like going to Canada and come back but not really sure how did that work.

Need a new i94

Yes, but the question is , if i will get the same date as my visa expiration date on my new I94 while coming back from Canada.

Yes , I can ask my employer to get me a approval copy. if I-797 date matches with I-94 what does that mean and what should i do then ?

You said that your status is about to expire, so surely the I-797 date cannot match your I-94 date since your first post stated that your I-94 matches your visa and not your status, correct?

Yes , I can ask my employer to get me a approval copy. if I-797 date matches with I-94 what does that mean and what should i do then ?