Chances of retrogression in EB1 this year

kjagdish_6

Registered Users (C)
Is it safe to assume that the possibility of retrogression in EB1 this year would be low? I have almost decided to use CP for I-485, but am a little concerned about losing the PD due to any potential retrogression in EB1. I want to go back to school next year (Aug'07) and hence prefer CP over AOS

Members, please comment.

Thanks,
Krishna

kjagdish_6 said:
Is it safe to assume that the possibility of retrogression in EB1 this year would be low? I have almost decided to use CP for I-485, but am a little concerned about losing the PD due to any potential retrogression in EB1. I want to go back to school next year (Aug'07) and hence prefer CP over AOS

Members, please comment.

Thanks,
Krishna

safe period will be from oct 2006 to feb 2007 for not getting retro or unavaliable for INDIA

eb1 or question

eb1doc said:
safe period will be from oct 2006 to feb 2007 for not getting retro or unavaliable for INDIA

I should have filed also an EB1, back when I filed EB2 NIW. I have got an approved NIW EB2 140 and a 485 retrogressed.

If I file an EB1OR now, is there any chance to get it approved before retro hits on India EB1?

What is this Feb 2007 prediction based on? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't waste time thinking asking for advices?

With the present scenario, it is the best thing to apply for EB1, if you are eligible at any point-I think most NIW approved cases may be eligible- as there is nothing to loose in applying, you may have to shell down couple hundreds and begging for ref letters. Why can't you act now - go and apply. Do not waste time- is precious for us- not for USCIS.
Good luck

good_y said:
With the present scenario, it is the best thing to apply for EB1, if you are eligible at any point-I think most NIW approved cases may be eligible- as there is nothing to loose in applying, you may have to shell down couple hundreds and begging for ref letters. Why can't you act now - go and apply. Do not waste time- is precious for us- not for USCIS.
Good luck

he is right!
try and go for it!
eb1 is lesser likely to get retro!!

yes they both are right.............you have to go for EB1........but wait....have you already filed 485??...............if yes then you may wait it out.............if not then start getting the recos to file for EB1 and if you have some extra cash you can try EB1-EA route.......

my calculation was that EB1 has much less people (min Phd or MD) than EB2......hence it will not get retrogressed....maybe 6-12 months....which is no big deal since name check takes more time than that...

Last edited by a moderator: