chances of I140 approval

desi_kallu

Registered Users (C)
I am filing I140 on sub lab.
actual labour is BS in computer science and 1 year experience.
Mine is BS in mech and 7 years of experience.

what are my chances of I140 approval.
Is there any one in the same boat.
It is form NSC, chicago.

I guess you may get RFE. I am telling this based on my experience. Last year some x company offered me BS labor, I had master with 7 year exp. But Murthy/Rajiv told us not it go with it and also I have red some where in this forum it is depends on service center.??? Talk to your lawer in detail and do it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
it also depends on the Job Requirenemts mentioned in labor (750A). If the job req states that it requires BS in Computer science then you may have trouble and there are chances or denial. but if the job req states BS in any field of engineering (but the original employee had BS in CS) then you would be OK

This is what my attorney said for my subst 140. We got approved without edu problem from CSC

my attorney also says the same

hi rpt...
my attorney also says the same. if the office look into the box which has BS in CS and mine is BS in Mech there are very high chances of denial.
But i have no option so I am taking chances.

major study of field

Hi,
My sub lc states like this about the major field of study

computer science/applicaitons of information systems or related fields.

any one used this kind of lab.

desi_kallu said:
Hi,
My sub lc states like this about the major field of study

computer science/applicaitons of information systems or related fields.

any one used this kind of lab.

according you the labor would be eb3, so you can not apply for 485 soon. I do not understand why you are taking chances for Labor substitute, which is not suitable to you. If you have pending labor wait unitl your labor approved. I guess you know about visa numbers unavailabilty.

desi_kallu said:
hi rpt...
my attorney also says the same. if the office look into the box which has BS in CS and mine is BS in Mech there are very high chances of denial.
If I was in your place I would not use this labor (thus saving few thousand dollars)

AD & LUD

skapa said:
I guess you may get RFE. I am telling this based on my experience. Last year some x company offered me BS labor, I had master with 7 year exp. But Murthy/Rajiv told us not it go with it and also I have red some where in this forum it is depends on service center.??? Talk to your lawer in detail and do it right.

Hi. We are sending all forms this upcoming Monday. Can you explain what does AP, AD, EAD, LUD mean?
I would really appreciate it.
Tanks,
Uribe

meaning of AP,AD....etc

I know only AP-Advance parole.
rest I need to find. If you came to know. Please post here.

BS Engineering may = BS with CS concentration

desi_kallu said:
hi rpt...

A well researched expert opinion letter can show a BS in one area to be equivalent to a US BS iwith a concentration in another area. It depends on the courses taken and how thorough the expert is in finding an accredited program in the US that is equivalent.

Feel free to call me for a free consultation - I always let my clients know before they order a letter or evaluation if we can do it.

Sheila Danzig
Career Consulting International
www.TheDegreePeople.com
1.800.771.GRAD (1.800.771.4723)

your opinion please!

Sheila Danzig said:
A well researched expert opinion letter can show a BS in one area to be equivalent to a US BS iwith a concentration in another area. It depends on the courses taken and how thorough the expert is in finding an accredited program in the US that is equivalent.

Feel free to call me for a free consultation - I always let my clients know before they order a letter or evaluation if we can do it.

Sheila Danzig
Career Consulting International
www.TheDegreePeople.com
1.800.771.GRAD (1.800.771.4723)

I have Masters in Computer Science. But my batchlors is Arts degree.
In the requirements section of 750A says, batchlors degree in computer science or releated field.
Since I have Masters in Computer Science, isn't it enough or Is it a problem not to have BS computer science.
Please advise.

Thanks

Mine is also same as urs... can somebody comment on this.
thanks
saggi
dying for GC said:
I have Masters in Computer Science. But my batchlors is Arts degree.
In the requirements section of 750A says, batchlors degree in computer science or releated field.
Since I have Masters in Computer Science, isn't it enough or Is it a problem not to have BS computer science.
Please advise.

Thanks

saggi2005 said:
Mine is also same as urs... can somebody comment on this.
thanks
saggi

I guess it could be a problem. I am just talking about this based on my experience. I am holdoing B.sc in computers and MCA (Master of computer applications). some X company offered me labor in dec'2004, which is having Min. defree required: "Bechelors Degree". major in computers, electronics, matchs or equi. I am not able to use that labor beacuse I am holding 3 years B.sc, though I having Masters degree which is more than Bechelors degree lawer(Lawer from Rajive office) told me I may get denial letter. According him they are considering only 4 years Bechelors degree. I am not conviced with that answers and just to make sure spoked with murthy (by having appointment) she also confirmed same thing.

I guess that is depends on which INS center, you are applying. I have been told some INS centers are find wiht that kind of subst. I would suggest talk to some good lawer before, you guys proceed.

but ur I 140 go approved ..right!!

skapa said:
I guess it could be a problem. I am just talking about this based on my experience. I am holdoing B.sc in computers and MCA (Master of computer applications). some X company offered me labor in dec'2004, which is having Min. defree required: "Bechelors Degree". major in computers, electronics, matchs or equi. I am not able to use that labor beacuse I am holding 3 years B.sc, though I having Masters degree which is more than Bechelors degree lawer(Lawer from Rajive office) told me I may get denial letter. According him they are considering only 4 years Bechelors degree. I am not conviced with that answers and just to make sure spoked with murthy (by having appointment) she also confirmed same thing.

I guess that is depends on which INS center, you are applying. I have been told some INS centers are find wiht that kind of subst. I would suggest talk to some good lawer before, you guys proceed.

NSC -EB2

I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 7/20/05

I-140 LUD: 7/26/05(self)
AP LUD: 09/30/05 (self,RFE photos received)
EAD LUD: 09/27/05 (self,RFE photos received)

Bio metric: code 3- 10/02/2005 (me & wife)

I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (self)
I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (wife)

AP LUD: 09/14/05 (wife, approved)
EAD LUD: 09/21/05 (wife, approved)

11/07/05 - calles USCIS and started enqurity on I140 and it
takes one month to get the feedback)

Any one knows why delay on my I140?

Thank a lot

education evaluations for I140

I am a foreign credential evaluator with good news.
First, properly evaluated the 3-year degree has been accepted as equivalent to a US bachelors degree. The key word is properly. It is a complex evaluation and an outside expert opinion needs to be included but even Nebraska has accepted it.
Also, It is not difficuilt to show how an engineering degree from one country is equivalant to a degree in computer science in the US. Also, Physics/Math can be shown as equivalent to a Comp Science degree. And more.

I will review anyone's credentials at no charge. You can send me your marksheets and tell me what you need and I will tell you what can be done.

Best Regards,
Sheila Danzig
sheila at danzig dot com