chances for same day oath

vlorak

Registered Users (C)
My interview is tomorrow at 1:40 in baltimore. I plan on getting in as earlier as possible, granted depending whether they allow me to get in early or not.
I am wondering if there is anything i can say to get them to allow me to have the oath process done the same day.
there are a few things going on but don't know which one I should bring up. My husband has started a job in long island. He drives back and fourth. We have put our house for sale although no offers yet. We just dropped the asking price way below just so that we can sell. I fear if I don't get a same day oath I will run the risk of having to move between now and whenever the oath is offered to me.
secondly, My girls' birthday is july 7th. My dad has never seen my girls and I get blamed for that. I wanted to take my girls to see my family around their birthday so that my family gets to celebrate with us for the first time. any suggestions?
needless to say, I have no sleep in my system for weeks now. Too much stress related to the tomorrow's interview. So if my post makes no sense, I understand

Same day oath

vlorak,

The question is, does your DO (Baltimore in your case) do same day oath or not. If they do, then ofcourse you may have a good chance if your interview is scheduled for first thing in the morning. Talk to your IO right after the interview.

My info is a yr old but at that time Baltimore used to do same day oaths and that too 2-3 times a day. A family member and spouse had this experience about a month before our own oaths.

The bottomline is this is not something you can control so down't worry about it. Just focus on doing well in the IV. Be calm and look pleasant. Your stressful persona may look odd to the IO. So worry later about the future step.

You will be fine. I am sure you will have the oath on the same day.

I think there are 3 oaths (1 pm, 2 pm, and 3 pm) every thursday and 2 oaths (2 pm and 3 pm) every Friday at the DO. I have seen Baltimore cases. Some oaths were taken place outside the DO like court, football field, sport arena, atrium, cementary, city hall, fairground field (my sister took oath at fairground field), political office, town hall, school, etc.

do you guys happen to know if Chicago DO would also do same day oath ceremony ? i would highly appreciate it if you guys can help me out

No I dont think so.

Hi Aminem,
No Chicago DO does not do same day oath. I am waiting for Oath notice for almost 5 weeks now and still no word on when we will get it. At the end of the interview in Chicago, we were both (me and my wife) told that we should expect the oath notice in 2 to 4 weeks.

One of my friends told me that we might get the Oath notice soon as 4th July is approaching, he thought they will schedule a lot of people for the oath ceremony around that time frame.

anyways, hope this helps.

samrat