Chances for EB-1 (OR)/NIW

mobius

Registered Users (C)
My chances for EB-1 (OR)/NIW - please evaluate

Hi all!
I would really appreciate your opinion on my chances for EB-1 (OR) and NIW.
I am in my 5th year of H1B and need to have something filed by June 13, '05 to be eligible for 7th year H1 extension.

I have an offer for a tenure-track research faculty position from a well-known cancer center. They want to pursue only EB-1 (OR)/NIW petitions and I would like to know if these are good options for me.

My qualifications are:
- PhD in statistics with 5+ years research experience
- worked for 2 top pharmaceutical ($20 billion) companies for past 5 yrs
- working in cancer research since 2002
- 3 publications in peer-reviewed forums (all first author)
- 2 manuscripts submitted with referee reports (both first author)
- 2 manuscripts in preparation (1 first author)
- 6 citations in international journals (that I know of)
- 1 patent pending (joint with colleagues at present company)
- 4 conference presentations/abstracts/posters (3 outside US)
- can get 5-6 reco. letters from former profs/supervisors and independent sources
- have 3 years of teaching experience as instructor with full responsibility while working on PhD
- numerous other presentations within US

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that you are more than qualified. Everything depends on the way you present your case, i.e. describe how your expertise will benefit US healthcare, economy. People with much less qualifications get the NIW approval. They just presented their case as National Interest.

Thanks for your response! I did start the GC process through LC 3 years ago, but switched employers along the way. :-(
Do you think it is possible to put together a strong EB-1 petition with the help of my attorney in the time available i.e. less than 3 months?? He insists that I pursue OR and NIW rather than PERM.

Also depeding on which service center you will submit to

I suggest you also check the processing dates of the CIS service center you are going to summit the petition to. Certain service center has large variations in the processing speeds between EB1-OR and EB2-NIW.