CGI-Houston Visa process

mario123

Registered Users (C)
I'm going to be mailing my OCI papers tomorrow and planning a trip to India during the last week of July / 1st. week of Aug. Since I probably won't get the OCI in time can I just drive down to Houston and get a 6-month visa the same day?

Thanks!

I think you should be able to get it in the same day. I have no experience at Houston, but the reason I am saying is because, I got my VISA the same day at the Dallas Camp.

Thanks

I think you should be able to get it in the same day. I have no experience at Houston, but the reason I am saying is because, I got my VISA the same day at the Dallas Camp.

Thanks Rama Bashyam,

What is the Dallas "camp"? Where can I find out more details about this - or can you give them to me?

Dallas is closer to me than Houston, so, depending on your answer, I could probably go there instead.

Thanks Rama Bashyam,

What is the Dallas "camp"? Where can I find out more details about this - or can you give them to me?

Dallas is closer to me than Houston, so, depending on your answer, I could probably go there instead.

They have one tomorrow. See details below (pasted from Houston CGI site - look for Dallas camp on the left side towards the bottom).

Saturday, June 09, 2007 4550 Gus Thomasson Road Suite 14 & 18, Mesquite, TX-75150 Mr. Varghese at 972-279-7601

Don't try to call the above # - it will not be answered. If u go, prepare to be there by 6.30-7am to get the token. It will be a whole day affair. I have some detailed description about getting visa at the camp. Check for my posts under the OCI.

My OCI also was also approved and OCI booklets recevied at houston on May 29. I am going to India this week. I went to Atlanta VISA camp on Jun 2nd and got the VISA onthe same day. TO check schedule of VISA camp -> www.cgihouston.org and click on visa camp....