Certificate of "No Availalibilty"

gsai78

I don't have a birth certificate. For I-485 processing, I have been asked by my lawyer to provide a certificate of No availability along with birth affidavit.

Certificate of no availibilty is a certificate from Govt. of India stating that "Our office has searched for (Name) birth record, and it does not exist.

Where can I get this certificate from?

YOu can get an affidavit from one of your close relatives confirming your date of birth. This is a valid substitute for a certificate of birth.

You need to get it from the municipal office in the area you were born at. You can send affidavits as secondary proof but USCIS needs something from Govt. establishing the fact that your birth certificate is not available due to some reason...
Good Luck

You need to get it from the municipal office in the area you were born at. You can send affidavits as secondary proof but USCIS needs something from Govt. establishing the fact that your birth certificate is not available due to some reason...
Good Luck

What if you really can't goto the area of the birth to get municipal office's letter?

If someone was born in the Pakistan before the partition, there is no way to get such certificate from the municipal office of the area the person was born in.

What are the alternates?

Non Availability Birth Cert

Below is my situation

1)Am a U.S. citizen
2) Sponsoring parents who were born & raised in India but later migrated to
Pakistan.
3)My mother has received a letter from USCIS stating that they require evidence of her birth. This was AFTER we had provided affadavits on behalf of
my mother's elder sister.
4)Have contacted YourmaninIndia.com who are struggling with this request of NABC.

any suggestions on next step(s)?? Indian consulate might help, maybe??

TIA

-beaver16