Certificate of Naturalization copying


Registered Users (C)
For DS-82 (renewal form), the instructions require that the old passport was issued not more than 15 years ago.
If you do not renew your passport for 15 years, you cannot use renewal form DS-82 and need to use DS-11 (make a personal appearance). For DS-11, a US passport expired for any length of time is acceptable a proof of US citizenship.
Adults whose previous passport was issued when they were children need DS-11, this situation pertains to the poster.
This is all great information but too much of it is contradictory. And, sadly, too much comes from 2007-2010 which may mean it's outdated. I tried using the link provided way up top but it seems to be a dead link. When you go to the government page you get sent in six different directions with none being what you need. I even tried to find contact info on the gov page and, typical government stuff, none of it applied. How hard is it to provide a phone number and/or email address?