• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Certain or false?

robediente

Registered Users (C)
Certain or false? The consul in the embassy, commented me that alone I have chance of entering(approaching) the USA until September 30, 2009.

I have certain doubt in the matter, if the consul approves the dv visa, for example, on June 22, from this date it(he,she) had understood that it(he,she) could go to the USA up to 6 months later.

Which really is the date that I must take as a reference?

Certain or false? The consul in the embassy, commented me that alone I have chance of entering(approaching) the USA until September 30, 2009.

I have certain doubt in the matter, if the consul approves the dv visa, for example, on June 22, from this date it(he,she) had understood that it(he,she) could go to the USA up to 6 months later.

Which really is the date that I must take as a reference?

robediente
It's is difficult to understand what you want to put across. Is the embassy saying you are the only one they will approve for the dv visa in your country?

What ever be the case, the expiring date of your visa will be qouted in the sticker (I mean the visa) in your passport.

the consul said to me that I must go to the USA before 30 September 2009, my DV Visa was approved the 22th May. until 30th of september I can go to the USA????

the consul said to me that I must go to the USA before 30 September 2009, my DV Visa was approved the 22th May. until 30th of september I can go to the USA????

Basically, November 22 should be the date your visa has to expired. Once you have the visa, it is your choice as to when to move to the US. You are free to go before 30 September or after but not after 22 November. I know someone who was given his visa in August 2008 and left January 2009. I hope this will help you.

I don't know why you should worry yourself, don't you have expiring date in your visa?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you already got your visa you can find out the expire date on visa stamp. It contains issue date and expired date. The period of time you need to pack your package to U.S.
- '' before 30 September 2009'' is the end of dv2009 fiscal year lottery. No interview, no visa anymore after that date. But some exception also apply here. I scanned through this forum and I found out that a few winners were called for visa after 30/09/Year.