• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC update Ready and 2nd NL

AldoBlack

So I checked CEAC and it is updated to READY. The thing is that there are only for 3 persons. My father, my mother and my brother. Not me since I've aged out. The question is that my father is preparing all documents requiring for interview. Should he prepare documents for me? Like my birth certificate, my court and police records etc etc ?
Thank You.

So I checked CEAC and it is updated to READY. The thing is that there are only for 3 persons. My father, my mother and my brother. Not me since I've aged out. The question is that my father is preparing all documents requiring for interview. Should he prepare documents for me? Like my birth certificate, my court and police records etc etc ?
Thank You.

It is a bit odd that it only shows 3 people - I'm surprised they seem to have applied the test during scheduling. That happened on another case a few months ago and in that case the child was NOT aged out, the applicant took that child to the interview and she got the visas for all children including the 21 year old.

Regarding documents, I think your father should go with your birth cert etc but there is no need to obtain a police record for you if you are not going to attend the interview. The only reason he should take your other documents to to justify why you were listed in the first place.

It is a bit odd that it only shows 3 people - I'm surprised they seem to have applied the test during scheduling. That happened on another case a few months ago and in that case the child was NOT aged out, the applicant took that child to the interview and she got the visas for all children including the 21 year old.

Regarding documents, I think your father should go with your birth cert etc but there is no need to obtain a police record for you if you are not going to attend the interview. The only reason he should take your other documents to to justify why you were listed in the first place.

My father got police and court records. It's not a big deal. The thing us about medical exam. Should I do medical exam or not? Because there are $135 and in Albania it's a lot of money. Plus the interview fee $330. $465. Should I continue the process or not according to you? And considering that case you just mentioned?

My father got police and court records. It's not a big deal. The thing us about medical exam. Should I do medical exam or not? Because there are $135 and in Albania it's a lot of money. Plus the interview fee $330. $465. Should I continue the process or not according to you? And considering that case you just mentioned?

Unless they make a drastic mistake (and that is what it would be) you won't get the visa. You probably won't even get in the embassy. I personally would not waste the money - but it is your call - it seems you don't really believe what you have been told, so you might want to spend the money to satisfy yourself.

One thing your father could do it call the embassy and ask why they haven't included you on the interview schedule. I assume you are not on the letter. That might force them to discuss the case and you will find out if they are "informed" about the technical aspects of the CSPA.

Unless they make a drastic mistake (and that is what it would be) you won't get the visa. You probably won't even get in the embassy. I personally would not waste the money - but it is your call - it seems you don't really believe what you have been told, so you might want to spend the money to satisfy yourself.

One thing your father could do it call the embassy and ask why they haven't included you on the interview schedule. I assume you are not on the letter. That might force them to discuss the case and you will find out if they are "informed" about the technical aspects of the CSPA.

I know that I won't get visa. It's just I do not know in which step I will be rejected. First I thought on 2nd NL, but when my father received 2nd NL my name was on it. I thought they will reject me on Intetview date, but when I saw CEAC status I got confused. I've heard that if one of participant does not show in the intetview date all members do not get visa. That's why from one point I want to continue with documents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that I won't get visa. It's just I do not know in which step I will be rejected. First I thought on 2nd NL, but when my father received 2nd NL my name was on it. I thought they will reject me on Intetview date, but when I saw CEAC status I got confused. I've heard that if one of participant does not show in the intetview date all members do not get visa. That's why from one point I want to continue with documents.

OK so you are on the letter but NOT the CEAC. OK, so you have the option of going to the interview. Why not call KCC or the embassy? It seems a bit silly to waste the money unless you want to see if they make a mistake....