CEAC status refused meaning

carpon21

What does refused mean? At the interview we were refused and need a document. We sent the document and the status changed and Case Last Updated Feb. 25 This morning the status was administrative processing. Then some time today it changed to Refused and the date last updated did not change. Does this mean we were denied?
status2.PNG

There appears to have been a lot of cases updated from AP to refused. AP is a type of refusal, but one that is temporary and means there is still some decision to be made. I think there may have been a system error or perhaps this is a new way they are reporting AP cases. It is doubtful in my mind that these cases have actually all been refused.

"On March 3, 2020, the Department of State made an update to the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) website, our online portal for visa applicants. A visa applicant whose case previously displayed as being in “Administrative Processing” on his or her case status page now displays as being “refused.”
There has been no change in such applicants’ actual cases. This is an administrative change to more accurately communicate case status to applicants.
Visa applicants whose case status on CEAC had previously displayed as “Administrative Processing” had been refused under section 221(g) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)."

See travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/visas-ceac-case-status-change.html

I did see that on the website. But there is no more information about the process. Are the embassy’s still working on the cases or is there a stop/hold. There’s many places on lockdown with a no fly restrictions. Is this going to delay or cause denials on the Visas?

This administrative change to the CEAC has nothing to do with corona virus, fly restrictions or lock down. It is not a change in the status of the individual cases but in the way the status is communicated in the CEAC interface. The cases were refused 221g before and they are still refused 221g (until the refusal is overcome by taking the action recommended by the consular officer at the time of the interview).