Cashiers checks with 485 application: Need Urgent Help.

staraam

Registered Users (C)
Guru’s,

For some unknown reasons I submitted “Cashiers Checks” along-with my 485 application. The checks are marked July 27th, 2007. The receipt date for 485 application as per Fed-Ex tracking email was August 2nd, 2007 at Dallas Service Center.

The issue I am facing is that, I have not yet received any update/receipt number yet. If the USCIS don’t open my case by October 27th, 2007, the cashier’s checks WILL BE VOID.

Question is: what are the possible implications of above?
[Here are couples of possibilities].

1) Will USCIS render my application as invalid and sent it back, if they open after 27th October?
If yes then since filing period is over, I will be stuck until 485 dates become current again. This will be nightmarish scenario for me.

2) Will USCIS send an RFE and ask me to send checks with new dates?
i) Will they ask me to send the old fees or new fees?
[I guess I don’t mind paying new fees as at least the application won’t be revoked]

My company lawyer says since this is a new situation for them, they don’t have any answer and will have to wait until we hear from USCIS. He can not confirm however that the case won’t be rejected.

I called up 1-800-375-5283 (USICS Support number). The lady over there says I should wait for 90 days [one more month] before I can initiate any formal inquiry process. She, however did not know [or did not revel] the possible implication if checks are not en-cashed within 3 months.

I am really on the edge for this. Anyone else went through similar situation or is in the same boat.

Please help …….