cases with SR reply: "Have to perform addtional review on this case" and what to do?

vicky007

Registered Users (C)
Everybody,

I am seeing that now there are many applicants who have got this reply from USCIS for therir pending I-485's:

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 60 to 90 days contact customer service 1-800-375-5283".

It is apparent that something is amiss when so many cases are being held up and PD's which are more then 2 yrs later are getting approved. USCIS is just attempting to silence the info-seekers by throwing the net wide upon by quoting "additional review" and asking everybody to contact after 180 days.

This is a vicious cycle.The USCIS quotes "additional review" when the dates are current and does not adjudicate the cases,and when the Dates have retrogressed they no longer work on these "additional review" cases.
With the Upcoming Retrogression (EB3 India to may 2001) we are going to be waiting much more then the 180 days .

So shoudlnt there be a SYSTEMATIC ATTEMPT in getting USCIS to clearify when one can expect the "additional review " to be complete or at the very least what constitutes a "addional review"?

Ways this can be done is through:

a. A AILA Query.
b. Contacting the Ombudsman.(Specifically making him aware how Retrogressed cases are specially hit by the double whammy of "additional review" and
Retrogression)
C Make a attempt to have the Congressmen/Senators ask the USCIS to specifically clearify this "additional review" mess.

Its time to get Pro-active(not just pro-active but hyper-active) and try to make everybody aware of our plight due to this additional review mess.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree 100%. We need to gather all the old timers who got fedup with this long waits and shall work on an action plan.

Same here

They told me my application is in exams area and waiting to be assigned to officer

The exam is not getting over man

So lets plan a big thing.....

"internal check"

I am also one of those who is bugged by this bug called "internal checks" (maybe aka "extended review"). I agree with Vicky, that we need to be pro-active unless we have the patience to wait N number of years because somebody if not doing his/her job properly.

There was a suggestion about raising this issue on omudsman conference call but seems like it died. We should try that front first and also collectively write letters to congressman etc and bring the fact that old-timers are just waiting whereas new comers are just passing through. We dont mind waiting as long as we know whats going on but waiting with no reason, no idea whats holding our cases is just stupid.

It looks like they have certain vested intrest for some Attorney's and trying to approve their clients, else how can we describe these events of approving whose priority dates are later than us and getting approved.

Lab -02-2003
I-485 10-2003

Got to do something about this BS. I wonder what action they perform on the cases.... all the needed information is already with them. With a hit of key all our information right from DOB till date is with them...

This sucks!!!