Cases with rfe for w2s, tax returns, company finacials ... plz respond

gotta_get_a_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hello All

I got the standard RFE for w2s, tax returns , evl and company financials.
Has anyone responded to such an rfe by themselves.
Lawyer is asking 600 dollars ..... not sure if company will pay.

I have all the documents .... just feel more comfortable using lawyer.

If any of u guys have experience , any standard templates
please share.

WAC 02 125 5xxxx
rfe - jun 10 2004
rd - feb 16 2002

I never responded to an RFE for I-485, but I did for my AP. I think it's no big deal, just follow the instructions on the RFE notice literally. Since they ask for company financials, try to obtain that 1st.

BTW, I think answering to RFE is part of the AOS process and your lawyer should not be charging extra for that, but since you're probably in no position to argue, think before you bother pursuing that.

gotta_get_a_gc said:
Hello All

I got the standard RFE for w2s, tax returns , evl and company financials.
Has anyone responded to such an rfe by themselves.
Lawyer is asking 600 dollars ..... not sure if company will pay.

I have all the documents .... just feel more comfortable using lawyer.

If any of u guys have experience , any standard templates
please share.

WAC 02 125 5xxxx
rfe - jun 10 2004
rd - feb 16 2002

Hi There: I got exactly the same thing last week. My entire medical and exact of what u got.

I did my total immunization last Friday is 18th June, and today my HR returned after vacation so I have requested him for company's tax returns, my W2s, conmpany's financial audits for 2001,2002,2003. This is what they requested.

Lets see my lawyer is charging $200 as his fee. If u think u can procure a format for company's ability to pay plz let me know also. Yes, my lawyer also mentioned that if my company does not have 2003 Tax return the xcompany should submit DE form which exhibits company's first quarter pay roll.

I think that's about it.

I am not sure whether we need a letter from CFO stating that the company has enuff funds to support me.

wac 02 151 5XXXX (EB1-OR)

I got the same RFE and my lawyer replied and got approved on June 18th. Basically I sent the 2003 and 2002 annual report from my current employer apart from the usual tax returns w2 and pay slips. The lawyer had tax returns of my previous employer which he provided (We neede dto prove ability to pay from 2000 - specifically asked). He charged me $200 to reply which I paid. He was and still is the lawyer of my previous company. A small amount for the peace of mind.

Also for my wife they asked affidavit of support, to which he responded as not required citing some rule. Her case is also approved. So I suggest do it thro the lawyer.

He did mention that if our company has more than 100 people, a letter from CEO/CFO stating the fact and that they are able to pay is fine if the company tax returns or audited report is not available.

gotta_get_a_gc,

Have you changed jobs since applyinf for the AOS? If not $600 sounds too high.

I was in the same position as you about 2 weeks ago i.e. got RFE and was thinking of replying to it on my own. Finally, I decided to use my attorney's services. In my case, I changed jobs after AOS application so, the lawyer had to send a portability letter, which takes more work than sending a simple EVL.

The as______e was asking for a $750 but I negotiated him down to $ 500. Bottomline, lawyers' rates are not fixed. I told him flat that his fee sounded too much. So try to hard bargain with your lawyer. Bets of luck.