cases in Nebraska not moving

cchong said:
mbetona1,

About two years ago, I sent a letter to both Schumer and Clinton asking for help regarding my RTD. I even faxed to the Clinton offcie as instructed on her website. I received no respond from Clinton. But I did receive a phone call from Schumer office but it was few months later. At that time, I already received my RTD.

I also sent the same letter to my house of representive, I received a letter from my house of representative. Becuase of the help my hourse of representative office, I received my RTD within two weeks.

You should not expect too much from the senators since they represent a lot large base. In my opinion, you should not expect anything from the Clinton office. You should try to contact your hourse of representative instead. You can find out who is your hourse of representive via below URL:

http://www.aila.org/

I know. I still have not received any response from the senators, but truly I am not expecting anything either. I just sent the letters but I don't even believe that they help anyway. The only thing that happens is receiving a response from NSC stating that our case is pending and we have to wait.
But thank you for your information anyway...

betty33 said:
Peguin12, could you email me or post your draft letter? My LUD has not changed since Jan. 06 and I want to try to get some help. My email is yaoluka@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance. Betsy
COULD U PLEASE SEND ME THE LETTER U SENT TO YUR CONGRESSWOMAN..MY CASE IS STUCK IN NEBRASKA AS WELL...THANKS IN ADVANCE

peguin12 said:
Any new approvals comming from Nebraska? Looks like cases tranferred to TSC are moving fast. What is going on at Nebraska? Why are they sitting on our cases! Did my RFI mid of Dec, but nothing yet! Am frustrated as hell..

poor souls: Nebraska center moved to July 1, 2001 two days ago.

mbetona1 said:
If the dates in NSC are correct, that leaves aproximately 4 more years waiting for my green card :mad: :D :D

Mbetona1,

Our timeline is very similiar. I do not think we have to wait 4 more years. The followings are from the USCIS website (http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/refadjust/index.htm)

Adjustment of Status for Asylees

The Service is receiving between 25,405– 43,881 applications per year. Consequently, as of April 30, 2006, approximately 112,985 asylee adjustment applications were pending. We anticipate that we will process pending applications according to the following schedule:

Date Received (Mail Date) Timeframe to be Processed
On or before January 1, 2003 September 30, 2006
June 1, 2003-March 31, 2007 September 30, 2007
On or after April 1, 2007 Within 6 months of receipt

We emphasize that these dates are APPROXIMATIONS; unforeseen occurrences may delay processing.

According to this I believe we should be approved by Sept. 2007.

Betty

peguin12 said:
I mailed a certified letter to my congresswoman last week regarding my case -My mail containtained dates I contacted USCIS , plus the responses I received from it. And this evening I recieved a welcome email.. My case has been approved. The letter was emailed at 6.30pm.. I'm soo happy. drunk wine and now talkling to myself.

If anyone is in a similar predicatent, and would like to see the draft of mail I sent to my senator, please let me know..

I'm am crying now. :confused:
Approved? The pain is almost over! Finally, at last, I feel like a whole person. Finally at last ! :)

goodluck to everyone.
this is the best websit I ever discovered. Ever! Visited it every day. You made me realize that am not alone..

Cheers!
Could you please send me draft of your letter at southeast2005@mail.ru
however i dont know whom i should contact in Washington ,DC :) (bush or mayor)
Thanks in advance

I got approved

I can't believe it...

This is the message that I got on 7/18:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LIN04********

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 18, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

It looks like NSC is moving or I just got lucky :p
Just hang it there guys. It looks like all of you will get approved soon.
Good luck to all.

Asylum Approved: 4/03 :)
ND: 5/04
Bio 2: 10/04
RFI: 12/05
Bio 3: 12/05
RFI sent to NSC: 12/16/05
RFI received by NSC: 12/21/05
LUD: 12/21/05, 12/22/05, 12/23/05, 7/18/06, 7/19/06, 7/20/06
Approved: 7/18/06 :D :D :D
GC: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Morning. Good luck to you, hopefully you'll be approved soon...

Asylum Approved: 4/03 :)
ND: 5/04
Bio 2: 10/04
RFI: 12/05
Bio 3: 12/05
RFI sent to NSC: 12/16/05
RFI received by NSC: 12/21/05
LUD: 12/21/05, 12/22/05, 12/23/05, 7/18/06, 7/19/06, 7/20/06
Approved: 7/18/06 :D :D :D
GC: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: