cases in Nebraska not moving

peguin12

Registered Users (C)
Any new approvals comming from Nebraska? Looks like cases tranferred to TSC are moving fast. What is going on at Nebraska? Why are they sitting on our cases! Did my RFI mid of Dec, but nothing yet! Am frustrated as hell..

peguin12 said:
Any new approvals comming from Nebraska? Looks like cases tranferred to TSC are moving fast. What is going on at Nebraska? Why are they sitting on our cases! Did my RFI mid of Dec, but nothing yet! Am frustrated as hell..

we all are peguin12. I had some lud changes but no good news. what is your time frame?

That's right, guys. If you're unfortunate to have your case in NSC - you're screwed! :mad:
peguin12
Same story here: it took some freakin' moron over 4 months to review my RFI. :mad: Nothing was going on until I sent them an intent to sue letter.
However, I've seen 04/08/06 LUD on my application for EAD filed in 2001! :eek: It showed this morning! Whatever they are doing - it's weird. My ND for I-485 is September, 2001. :rolleyes:

hi morning and guys,
mine is oct. 2001.......waiting.....
no one knows what are they doing........?????
Morning said:
That's right, guys. If you're unfortunate to have your case in NSC - you're screwed! :mad:
peguin12
Same story here: it took some freakin' moron over 4 months to review my RFI. :mad: Nothing was going on until I sent them an intent to sue letter.
However, I've seen 04/08/06 LUD on my application for EAD filed in 2001! :eek: It showed this morning! Whatever they are doing - it's weird. My ND for I-485 is September, 2001. :rolleyes:

I mailed a certified letter to my congresswoman last week regarding my case -My mail containtained dates I contacted USCIS , plus the responses I received from it. And this evening I recieved a welcome email.. My case has been approved. The letter was emailed at 6.30pm.. I'm soo happy. drunk wine and now talkling to myself.

If anyone is in a similar predicatent, and would like to see the draft of mail I sent to my senator, please let me know..

I'm am crying now. :confused:
Approved? The pain is almost over! Finally, at last, I feel like a whole person. Finally at last ! :)

goodluck to everyone.
this is the best websit I ever discovered. Ever! Visited it every day. You made me realize that am not alone..

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations peguin12!!! What a long journey you've had and now enjoy the new fresh air! I wish all you ND 00, 01 friends will get good news soon.

pending2001????
no one knows what are they doing........?????
Apparently, scratching their lazy asses instead of working on our cases. :mad:
peguin12
My congratulations! What a releif! :)

Peguin12, could you email me or post your draft letter? My LUD has not changed since Jan. 06 and I want to try to get some help. My email is yaoluka@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance. Betsy

peguin12 said:
I mailed a certified letter to my congresswoman last week regarding my case -My mail containtained dates I contacted USCIS , plus the responses I received from it. And this evening I recieved a welcome email.. My case has been approved. The letter was emailed at 6.30pm.. I'm soo happy. drunk wine and now talkling to myself.

If anyone is in a similar predicatent, and would like to see the draft of mail I sent to my senator, please let me know..

I'm am crying now. :confused:
Approved? The pain is almost over! Finally, at last, I feel like a whole person. Finally at last ! :)

goodluck to everyone.
this is the best websit I ever discovered. Ever! Visited it every day. You made me realize that am not alone..

Cheers!

Thank you Peguin. I received your letter. I have talked with the person in our senator's office today and they will send an inquiry letter and let me know when they receive anything from Nebraska Sevice Center. I will keep everyone posted here.

I received last friday a copy of the response that NSC sent for my congresswoman. They said that all I/O's that works on I-485's were told to work mostly in I485 employment based applications until the backlog is over wich is intended to last until 09/30/06. And that thousands of cases were transferred to TSC and they are mainly working on asylum based 485's and that is why the cases there are approved faster than the ones in NSC.

Am I satisfied with the answer? of course not, so now I sent a letter to my senators... Let's see if I will get a different response.

Thanks for the info. It makes sense. No wonder it's been quiet at NSC. But what I don't understand is why don't they transfer all the asylum cases to TSC then.... I wonder if there is a way to get a case transfered to TSC? Can a congressman/senator request it? I wonder :confused:

peguin12 said:
Hey betty33, did you receive my email?

I know a few guys who have ND 02/2004 and they haven't been approved yet. There is nothing extraordinary in your case; however I am glad that things moved so fast after your congressman had contacted USCIS.

Yesterday I asked my attorney about the situation with the NSC. He told me that it is so behind with so many things, that they are transferring out as many cases as thay can to Texas and California Service Centers and process the remaining pile in whatever order it is stacked, i.e haphazardly, chaotically, randomly. He also said that trying to figure out which asylee AOS are transferred out to TSC is like trying to read your future in the stars. The bottom line is the whole process is very disorganized and random.

I-K-A-K-O said:
Did you contact Schumer's office or Clintons office ? Thanks.

I started with my Congresswoman IKAKO. Ms. Malloney. I received the letter from her office.

But I have sent letters to both Clinton and Schumer's office and not response from them so far...

you? have you contacted them?

I-K-A-K-O said:
I contacted her and received almost the same letter from her office :( Could you please let me know where and how did you send letters to senators. Thanks.

this is the website for Schumer's office schumer.senate.gov/SchumerWebsite/contact/webform.cfm

and this is for clinton's office

clinton.senate.gov/contact

on Schumer's website just go on constituentes services and look for Immigration help print out the release form and mail with a copy of evey receipt or letter you have from your pending 485

do the same with clinton's. her's is a little tricky to find the immigration information but it is there...

i also wrote them both a letter explaining my case and of course made a little drama and sounded desperate.

i guess that is the only way to catch their attention...

it's been over 3 weeks i sent them the letters and got no response at all.

Hey guys, I just received an Email from U.S. Senator Evan Bayh's office. I requested the assistance on my I-485 from Senator Bayh last week and here is the response from NSC:

The above cases were received on 05/24/04 and we are processing asylum based adjustments received 03/01/01. The applicants are requesting that the 485s be expedited due to inconvenience. We do not expedite the I-485 asylum based adjustment cases.

sincerely,

Congressional Liaison
Department of Homeland Security
U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center

It did not help at all. What should I do? Contact the Congressman or another Senator?

Thanks for your advise.

mbetona1,

About two years ago, I sent a letter to both Schumer and Clinton asking for help regarding my RTD. I even faxed to the Clinton offcie as instructed on her website. I received no respond from Clinton. But I did receive a phone call from Schumer office but it was few months later. At that time, I already received my RTD.

I also sent the same letter to my house of representive, I received a letter from my house of representative. Becuase of the help my hourse of representative office, I received my RTD within two weeks.

You should not expect too much from the senators since they represent a lot large base. In my opinion, you should not expect anything from the Clinton office. You should try to contact your hourse of representative instead. You can find out who is your hourse of representive via below URL:

http://www.aila.org/

this is the website for Schumer's office schumer.senate.gov/SchumerWebsite/contact/webform.cfm

and this is for clinton's office

clinton.senate.gov/contact

on Schumer's website just go on constituentes services and look for Immigration help print out the release form and mail with a copy of evey receipt or letter you have from your pending 485

do the same with clinton's. her's is a little tricky to find the immigration information but it is there...

i also wrote them both a letter explaining my case and of course made a little drama and sounded desperate.

i guess that is the only way to catch their attention...

it's been over 3 weeks i sent them the letters and got no response at all.