Cases in Local Offices with Current PD post here...

Guys:

There was a weird update on my case. Yesterday the status changed for my case and it reads:

"On July 30, 2007, the Administrative Appeals Office returned this case. If your case was remanded or your appeal was sustained, we will notify you of our action within 60 days of the date of the AAO decision. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service."
-------------
Looks like these idiots sent my file to the wrong place. Obviously no welcome letter and card for me yet. Called customer service and was told it seems that they made a mistake and I should ignore that update.

USCIS continues to mess up our cases even after approval:(
Hope it will get straightened for you soon!

Don't know what to say dcmetro.... Looks like your case is like a nightmare after a bad day. Haunting till the end.

Hope it was a mistake.

My Status: I have given FP2 after PP stamping. Eagerly waiting for Physical Cards.

Yesterday he got the approval notice from Atl local office. Letter was sent on last saturday (July 28). If any one has their case in local office better to take infopass but now they have an excuse of visa numbers unavailable.

It also says that you will get the cards in 9 - 12 months. Any idea how much time it takes to get the cards?

My friend's (EB3 Sep03) case in Atl office and interview was done in June 2006. Today went for infopass and she was saying that the name check is pending. When they did the interview he was told that everything is Ok and waiting for visa numbers.

Today the infopass officer taken all the details like FP date, Interview date and requesting the the local office officer about the status again. Need to wait for the feedback.

If any of you had similar exp please post. thanks.................

Alright. Finally some better news to share. Just received emails that our (me & wife) cards have been ordered. Let's see when I receive them. How about you guys (since you have done FPs)?

Alright. Finally some better news to share. Just received emails that our (me & wife) cards have been ordered. Let's see when I receive them. How about you guys (since you have done FPs)?

Hey dcmetro,

No cards ordered email yet. I have given my FP2 on July 26, 2007 and then noticed the next morning on July 27, 2007 an LUD on my case with no change in msg which still says that case has been transfered to Charlotte office. That's it.

Ke_park has also given FP2 on July 26th, had an LUD on July 27th with no change in msg, but not sure if he has got any email yet.

Hi All,
My husband received his physical GC yesterday. No approval letter, no card production ordered email / letter, no online updates etc. He just got his card and I-181 (welcome notice??). Online status still says, case transferred to local office in 2004 etc. It was a long wait with lots of twists and dramas. Transferred to local office first, stuck in retrogression, transferred to wrong office when dates became current, re-transferred to Vermont, got a reply that Security Check is pending when SR was initated etc. Finally he got his GC. I am still waiting to get mine.
Our PD is 2002 September.
Thanks,
Deepa.

My case was transferred from New ORleans to TSC ( I found this our by new orleand IO thru an infopass appointment) on 3rd July 2007. TSC says its still with local office.. online messgae has not changed at all.
I called the Senator's office to find out if they can get some more info. Today she (sen office) told me they got a fax from New Orleans telling that they have requested the file back from TSC and they will inform her whats going on once they find out.

I did my code 2 fp on 31 July and saw LUD on 31 July and 1 Aug on my I485.

LAter I Got a call from my Senator's office and she told me that she called NEw Orleans office and they said they have requested the file back from TSC for card production. I wonder why TSC couldnt do it. The senator's office lady said everything seems clear there is nothing to be worried about.

interview - mandatory?

Can local office approve without interview? or Interview is mandatory? I will wait a month then follow thru congressman to find out the status ?

Can local office approve without interview? or Interview is mandatory? I will wait a month then follow thru congressman to find out the status ?

If a case is transfered to local office, it means they want you to go thru an interview.

I did and all the local cases in this form did the interview. Believe me interview is pretty simple 15 mins, if you have all the documents they asked for.

Thanks,
GC-4-ALL

After giving my FP Code2, online status changed to:

"The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register."

My 485 is approved, I got my PP stamped. I got the FP2 notice after PP stamping, and I gave my FP2 on July 26th and today around 8:11PM I get this message.

Don't know if my file from Charlotte local office was transfered back to TSC. Is this msg indicating that the TSC has recieved my case from Local Office, and will Order my Cards for Production?

EB3 - India
PD - Nov 2002
140/485 RD - Sep 2003
485 AD - Jun 28, 2007
FP Code2 - July 26, 2007
LUD - 08/10/2007
Cards Received - ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. This message indicates card production will be ordered in the next few days! The timeline given by Cougargal is as follows:
From Transfer back to TSC to "Pending at the office to which case was transferred" status: 28 days
Then Card ordered email: 5 days
All the best!

I have exactly SAMEmsg on my 485 case..but few days i got mail from attorney that my case has been transferred..

Your case has already been approved...no idea what the heck they were doing dude...

but Your CASE would be GREEEEEEEEN CARD :) Wait for your card..