Cases in Local Offices with Current PD post here...

Alright, went to local office today and got my PP stamped! Yay! Wonder why I did not go earlier and listened to few people who told me that they're not stamping PPs now.
Anyways, also asked about GC card order. Officer told me that file was sent back to Vermont on 7/7. More details need to come from there now. Again he told me that it could take upto a year to get the card.

Alright, went to local office today and got my PP stamped! Yay! Wonder why I did not go earlier and listened to few people who told me that they're not stamping PPs now.
Anyways, also asked about GC card order. Officer told me that file was sent back to Vermont on 7/7. More details need to come from there now. Again he told me that it could take upto a year to get the card.

See I told you. It is easy. It is safe to have your PP stamped coz, you don't know when you will get your cards in this mad mad crowd.

ke_park its your turn buddy, go and get your PP stamped. I don't see a reason why you should not.

Finally approved

Dear fellow GC aspirants,
We have received approval notices (3 out of 4 AOS applications from a family) from the local office today. It also directs us to go for biometric code - 2 at the earliest in order to produce alien registration card.
The RFE (medical and biographic info as just turned to age 15) received for the fourth member of the family had been submitted. Expecting the fourth approval also soon.

It has been a turbulent ride all along. Oh what a long journey that could run into pages if I narrate the bitter experiences with the employer and his company's attorney!

Did not apply for GC till 2002 as we're planning to go back to India after 6 years of H1 validity. Forced to change mind because of kids' higher education. Had to file for a second labor certification as the attorney did a typo in the first application (PD 6/2002). Concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485 in Jan 2003. Cases transferred to local office from TSC in Sep 2004. Interview was conducted in July 2005 (just after the dreaded retrogression kicked in June 2005).

PD became current in June 2007. RFE for H4 status for derivatives for a specific period and 2nd FP (code 1) received in June 2007 were duly complied with. Was eagerly expecting approvals during June itself. RFE dated 7/1/07 (Sunday) and mailed on 7/2/07 asking for H1 status for the primary received on 7/3/07. With a fond hope of visa numbers allocated sent the reply that was delivered on 7/6/07. Finally, today the long journey takes a pause and heaves shy of relief.

Wishing one and all who are still pursuing this journey a quick and happy ending! Thanking this forum which continues to solace us on and off whenever we are depressed on account of the treatment meted out to legal immigrant aspirants.

Regards,

GCVS
EB3 India PD 6/2002

Congrats GCVS. I know what a relief it brings
Ke: Good, schedule the InfoPass asap!

Let's keep each other informed when we receive the welcome letter and/or physical card. Or any communication regarding further movement. Given the current state of July Bulletin and its revision, it might take longer than usual to get the cards I think. Hope is alive though :)

GC-4-All,

dcmetro22042 stamping is very encouraging. I will try to get mine too soon.

Ke_park,

When you go for PP stamping ask about the FP2 notice that you received. I want to know if they will tell you the same that I was told, i.e to ignore it. And also ask when your cards were ordered. Mine were ordered on July 7th itseems.

GC-4-All,

Will try to ask them but i think my appointment will be late i.e by that time we would have already given FPs.

GC-4-All,

Will try to ask them but i think my appointment will be late i.e by that time we would have already given FPs.

So are you planning on going for a FP, no matter what? Please let me know what you plan on doing regarding the FP.

Both IO at infopass and my lawyer told me to ignore it. I don't know what to do. What does your tell you about the FP?

Yes i am definetly going to go for the FP. I would suggest you should go for the FP too unless you have something in written from the service center telling you to ignore the FP.

Yes i am definetly going to go for the FP. I would suggest you should go for the FP too unless you have something in written from the service center telling you to ignore the FP.

I have my FP2 appointment on the 26th. When is yours?

Early FP is allowed in Clt-ASC, I have done it before... But I want to wait till 26th.

My friend's (EB3 Sep03) case in Atl office and interview was done in June 2006. Today went for infopass and she was saying that the name check is pending. When they did the interview he was told that everything is Ok and waiting for visa numbers.

Today the infopass officer taken all the details like FP date, Interview date and requesting the the local office officer about the status again. Need to wait for the feedback.

If any of you had similar exp please post. thanks.................

Hello GC_4 all, kepark,demetro,gcvs and others:

My PD is 11/2004 - EB2 and we got interviewed on 10/2005 in South Portland and at the time of interview there are no visa numbers since there is retrogression and IO mentioned that once Visa Dates become current they will mail our Cards by approving/adjudicating.

We moved to San Jose in 12/2005 and updated the South Portland with AR11 with San Jose address. Hence our applications are transferred to San Jose Local Office.

On July 1st our PD became current and we went to San Jose Office and asked the status of our case. The Officer mentioned that they are going to pull out our applications and approve the same day. I had doubts and filed for our EAD and AP renewals and requested the help of Congresswoman to expedite our applications including AOS(I485 application) in San Jose Office.

Again on July 16th I took infopass appointment and went to San Jose office and those guys even did not take out our applications from Inventory room.
I spoke to the officer and this time spent more than 1.5 hr in the office and finally the officer showed our case file and said he is going to hand it over to supervisor and i asked a proof of my visitation to the office.This is what he wrote on our infopass appointment and tore down the lower part of the appointment which has some information.
He said they will respond in 4 - 6 weeks.I also got the response from Congresswoman that our applications are waiting to assigned to the officer.

I have done some research and looks like on the 245 and this is what i found out

The Travel Control Branch of the New York District, Immigration and Naturalization Service was comprised, at all times material herein,
of four (4) major examination units: The I-130 unit; the I-140 unit; the 245 unit; and the Non-Immigrant unit. The I-130 unit processed
petitions involving relatives in the US; the I-140 unit processed petitions involving work in the US; the 245 unit processed combined
applications involving both I-130 and I-140 petitions plus an I-485 adjustment of immigrant status petition; and the Non-Immigrant unit
processed petitions for short-term stays which did not require an adjustment of status.

4. The 245 unit combined application procedure, referred to above
involved either pre-scheduled, calendared interviews or "one-step"
applicants who were walk-ins without pre-scheduled interviews. This
"one-step" procedure was initially implemented on or about December 1,
1980. Prior to that time, only pre-scheduled interviews were handled by
the 245 unit.

How much time does it take to assign it to the Immigration Officer from the supervisor? How will I ever know if it is assigned to Immigration Officer and is there a way to know?
So can I assume that there is a Visa Number for our application?
Can I see my approval?
How much time does the Immigration officer take to review the applications? Will taking another infopass appointment help?
IS visa number assigned to our application? How can I know if a visa number is assigned or not?

Reply please

My PD is 11/2004 - EB2 and we got interviewed on 10/2005 in South Portland and at the time of interview there are no visa numbers since there is retrogression and IO mentioned that once Visa Dates become current they will mail our Cards by approving/adjudicating.

We moved to San Jose in 12/2005 and updated the South Portland with AR11 with San Jose address. Hence our applications are transferred to San Jose Local Office.

On July 1st our PD became current and we went to San Jose Office and asked the status of our case. The Officer mentioned that they are going to pull out our applications and approve the same day. I had doubts and filed for our EAD and AP renewals and requested the help of Congresswoman to expedite our applications including AOS(I485 application) in San Jose Office.

Again on July 16th I took infopass appointment and went to San Jose office and those guys even did not take out our applications from Inventory room.
I spoke to the officer and this time spent more than 1.5 hr in the office and finally the officer showed our case file and said he is going to hand it over to supervisor and i asked a proof of my visitation to the office.This is what he wrote on our infopass appointment and tore down the lower part of the appointment which has some information.
He said they will respond in 4 - 6 weeks.I also got the response from Congresswoman that our applications are waiting to assigned to the officer.

I have done some research and looks like on the 245 and this is what i found out

The Travel Control Branch of the New York District, Immigration and Naturalization Service was comprised, at all times material herein,
of four (4) major examination units: The I-130 unit; the I-140 unit; the 245 unit; and the Non-Immigrant unit. The I-130 unit processed
petitions involving relatives in the US; the I-140 unit processed petitions involving work in the US; the 245 unit processed combined
applications involving both I-130 and I-140 petitions plus an I-485 adjustment of immigrant status petition; and the Non-Immigrant unit
processed petitions for short-term stays which did not require an adjustment of status.

4. The 245 unit combined application procedure, referred to above
involved either pre-scheduled, calendared interviews or "one-step"
applicants who were walk-ins without pre-scheduled interviews. This
"one-step" procedure was initially implemented on or about December 1,
1980. Prior to that time, only pre-scheduled interviews were handled by
the 245 unit.

How much time does it take to assign it to the Immigration Officer from the supervisor? How will I ever know if it is assigned to Immigration Officer and is there a way to know?
Can I see my approval?
How much time does the Immigration officer take to review the applications? Will taking another infopass appointment help?
IS visa number assigned to our application? How can I know if a visa number is assigned or not?

Reply please

Take an infopass and ask them all your questions. You can go there as many times as you want.

From assignement to approval it can take 1-2 weeks.

Interviews at Local Office

Thanks GC 4 All for your response.

Yes I have those questions answered. So far from July 2nd till date I had taken infopass appointment for 10 times and visited them 10 times.

Answered Mentioned 4 - 6 weeks

Kept insisting that visa number numbers are available even till July 16th

Can I see my approval?

The applications are going to be given Immigration Officer and he will approve it the same day(said this on July 2nd 2007) On July 16h mentioned 4-6 weeks

Depends on the Immigration officer but mentioned that it is going to assigned to a efficient officer

Mentioning that visa numbers are assigned.

Just still worried and confused with so many things happening. I am planning to take another info pass appointments and atleast 5-8 more visitations to the Local office.

One other question is: Since I am already interviewed in South Portland will I be interviewed again in San Jose? I guess you are under the same dilemma too right?

Guys:

There was a weird update on my case. Yesterday the status changed for my case and it reads:

"On July 30, 2007, the Administrative Appeals Office returned this case. If your case was remanded or your appeal was sustained, we will notify you of our action within 60 days of the date of the AAO decision. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service."
-------------
Looks like these idiots sent my file to the wrong place. Obviously no welcome letter and card for me yet. Called customer service and was told it seems that they made a mistake and I should ignore that update.

dcmetro yours is the most unusual case i ever seen

Guys:

There was a weird update on my case. Yesterday the status changed for my case and it reads:

"On July 30, 2007, the Administrative Appeals Office returned this case. If your case was remanded or your appeal was sustained, we will notify you of our action within 60 days of the date of the AAO decision. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service."
-------------
Looks like these idiots sent my file to the wrong place. Obviously no welcome letter and card for me yet. Called customer service and was told it seems that they made a mistake and I should ignore that update.

dcmetro your green card journey is like white water rafting on levl 6 or level 7.

LOL! Thanks and I am soaking wet right now. I hope to be all dried up soon (when I get the physical card)!! Now lets see when THAT happens