Cases in Local Offices with Current PD post here...

approved from local office

Hi ,
I am also in the same boat.Got approved from local office and received aletter from local office that my case has been approved on june 11.Got pp stamped.online message shows that the case has been transferred for further processing to lincoln, NE .But dosent show that the case has been approved.
Please advice as what to do next...and keep posted.

Hi ,
I am also in the same boat.Got approved from local office and received aletter from local office that my case has been approved on june 11.Got pp stamped.online message shows that the case has been transferred for further processing to lincoln, NE .But dosent show that the case has been approved.

sakti:- can you post details including your PD, RD etc? thanks,

Hi ,

Just wait for your cards. Give 2-3 weeks since you got your PP stamped for the cards to arrive. If not take an infopass and check with them when the cards were ordered and what is the current status of the card production.

I got my PP stamped on July 3rd, then later on July 10th, I checked at the infopass and was told that my cards were ordered on July 7th Saturday.

Case in Local Office in Miami since Feb. 2005 , as per transfer notice , no response yet ....!!! PD is Oct. 2001 ( Current since Sept 1st , 2006)....Status pending since Jan. 2004 ???!!! FP2 done Feb. 2007 , FBI checks cleared .....just dissapointment until now and still going on !!! I have no words to describe these processing system anymore , it just S***S !!!:eek:
Go for Infopass at the Miami office to find out what is going on.

Hi All,
Any input on my case will be highly appreciated. Our priority date is 2002 August. I-485 was tranferred to local office in 2004 and had interivew in January 2005. Did not get approval because of retrogression.
We had our biometrics in May 2007. Local office told us that our case is approved and we should be receiving cards soon. Since nothing happened, we went to local office couple of times and every time the reply was same.
We initiated SR in June. Yesterday, we again went to local office and the person there specifically confirmed and stated that his system shows that our caes is in card production dept in Vermont and we need to have patience. When my husband asked why we did not get any approval notice from local office, he said they never send approval notices and also he refused to stamp our passports saying that we should be getting our cards soon.
Added to all this we got a reply to our SR from VSC saying that my huband case is pending security check. Now we are really disappointed and frustrated. Don't know whom to believe...local office says that it is in card production dept, SR reply says that its pending security check. Online case stauts still says, transferred to local office blah blah. :confused:

Strange is the way of local offices!

Hi All,
Any input on my case will be highly appreciated. Our priority date is 2002 August. I-485 was tranferred to local office in 2004 and had interivew in January 2005. Did not get approval because of retrogression.
We had our biometrics in May 2007. Local office told us that our case is approved and we should be receiving cards soon. Since nothing happened, we went to local office couple of times and every time the reply was same.
We initiated SR in June. Yesterday, we again went to local office and the person there specifically confirmed and stated that his system shows that our caes is in card production dept in Vermont and we need to have patience. When my husband asked why we did not get any approval notice from local office, he said they never send approval notices and also he refused to stamp our passports saying that we should be getting our cards soon.
Added to all this we got a reply to our SR from VSC saying that my huband case is pending security check. Now we are really disappointed and frustrated. Don't know whom to believe...local office says that it is in card production dept, SR reply says that its pending security check. Online case stauts still says, transferred to local office blah blah. :confused:

Please contact the immigration liasion in your Congressman's office. They should be able to get you the correct picture.
Based on cougargal's post in this forum, I would think it takes 1 month from the time the case is transferred back to Service Center before the case status is updated and another week before card production message is received.
In my case, the Congressman's office informed that our cases are approved on June 20. But there is no confirmation from Dallas local office about our approvals. On July 16, when I went to the local office, I was told the file has been transferred back to TSC but the local office did not confirm our approvals. Local offices seem to think EB cases are unnecessary burden on them and it is Service Centers responsibility. My on line case status still shows "Transferred to Dallas local office in Nov 2004 for standard interview" even though we completed our interviews successfully in Sep 2005. I hope the transfer back to TSC is for card production. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi All,

Hi Deepa,

First: As your case is in local office, the local office will have the accurate info about your case. Any change in the local office is not reflected online, as the local offices do not have access to online system. Our cases too show that the cases have been transferred to local office in 2004 blah... blah... blah...

Second: Every approved case needs to have an approval letter and susequently the cards. Me my wife and one more member on this forum have received approval letters from Charlotte office and we got our PP stamped. Right now our cards are in Production.

Please take your LAWYER to the local office and have him talk legally to the IO. You are ENTITLED to have something in written such as an approval letter once your case is approved. Tell the IO that you need your PP stamped URGENTLY for employment reasons, and that you might have to travel to visit your sick parents(GOD FORBID!!!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much Dallas03096 and GC-4-All. I really appreciate your input. We contacted our local senator office and they said they should be able to give us the latest update by next week. I am eagerly waiting for that. I am really hopping , wishing and praying that ,the reply that we got for our SR is not true. If it is, then we have no hopes.

GC-4-All,

Nothing yet. How about you did you get anything?

No. Just have my fingers crossed. Next week may be I will try for an infopass, if there is no action. Coz, I don't to miss the FP date waiting for the cards. I want to double check again with the Local office if the cards productions is being delayed due to THIS FP2 results.

dcmetro22042,

Can you ask them about the cards when you go there for passport stamping. I just want to see if they give you the same answer as they gave to GC-4-All

Go for Infopass at the Miami office to find out what is going on.

Hi Jackolantern ,

I did that allready and i'll do it again next week !!! I did everything posible , contact FL , local congressman office , local senator office , did 4 service requests thru (800 no. CS ) , did 3 service request on my own w/ Local Office , my lawyer did 6 service requests also , now we have the WOM in standby wich will be posted next week if the infopass appointment does not give any specific results !!! The FBI checks are cleared long time ago , proof thru infopass before and talking to IO in DC capital city !!! I don't know why they do that , these people keep lying or trying to get it extended for no reason . Somebody told me that these guys here , they run when they see EB cases , because they don't have experience in solving those cases , they deal mostly with family cases , because they are specialized on this type of cases !!! I don't know if that true , but it is posible !!! So , next week will decide for me what the next step will be !!! Hopefully they will do something about this now , i can not tolerate this anymore !!!

Good luck to you also , all best wishes !!!

Last edited by a moderator: