Cases forwarded to Consulate before September

willwin

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

My PD is March 2005/EB3.

NVC has completed processing my Packet 3 and forwarded my case to Chennai on August 15 2007.

This may be slightly confusing as the belief is that NVC would forward the case only if PD is current. My interpretation of this is NVC would forward if they 'know' VISA numbers are available. And remember NVC is part of DOS, so they know better and in advance!

We have been hearing that there are 1000's of VISA numbers are being returned by USCIS (of the 60000 plus blocked by them before July 2nd) and also 1000s of unused family based VISA numbers (not sure what exactly this is).

And with DOS clear intention to avail ALL available VISA numbers before September, I guess, there is still a possibility of interview being scheduled for all cases that are at the hands of Consulates by, say, end of august or early September.

VISA numbers may be blocked for these cases and interview may be scheduled for the rest of the year.

Please join this thread if your case is already in the Consualtes or will be there in the next couple of weeks and awaiting interview.

Unused VISA numbers now is like a rogue wave. There is a high possibility that our cases may just get through with this - despite that the PD is not current (and we are already seeing interviews scheduled for September despite PD not being current).

Regards

Willwin

PD Sept 2004/EB3
NVC completed Packet 3 processing on Aug 6th 2007
Will forward to US Mumbai Consulate in 2-4 weeks
Got the info by calling 603-334-0700 and talking to a operator

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, the consulate will only interview you if your date is current. I have know alot persons whose cases have been transferred to consulate form way as 2005 and have yet to be interview. The NVC standards is no better than USCIS and DOS/DOL at times.

Guys,

My PD is March 2005/EB3.

NVC has completed processing my Packet 3 and forwarded my case to Chennai on August 15 2007.

This may be slightly confusing as the belief is that NVC would forward the case only if PD is current. My interpretation of this is NVC would forward if they 'know' VISA numbers are available. And remember NVC is part of DOS, so they know better and in advance!

We have been hearing that there are 1000's of VISA numbers are being returned by USCIS (of the 60000 plus blocked by them before July 2nd) and also 1000s of unused family based VISA numbers (not sure what exactly this is).

And with DOS clear intention to avail ALL available VISA numbers before September, I guess, there is still a possibility of interview being scheduled for all cases that are at the hands of Consulates by, say, end of august or early September.

VISA numbers may be blocked for these cases and interview may be scheduled for the rest of the year.

Please join this thread if your case is already in the Consualtes or will be there in the next couple of weeks and awaiting interview.

Unused VISA numbers now is like a rogue wave. There is a high possibility that our cases may just get through with this - despite that the PD is not current (and we are already seeing interviews scheduled for September despite PD not being current).

Regards

Willwin

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, the consulate will only interview you if your date is current. I have know alot persons whose cases have been transferred to consulate form way as 2005 and have yet to be interview. The NVC standards is no better than USCIS and DOS/DOL at times.

WHY NOT? Can you give me a logical reason how Chennai Consulate is scheduling interview for September and that was announced around August 10th (when CISA numbers were unavailable for all cat.)? Also, when they actually issue VISA in September, their PD may not be current.

So, these two explain that Consulate will 'announce' interview dates when VISA numbers are not available and 'issue' VISA when PD may not be current. So, question is when does the PD has to be current?

485 for 2004 EB3 case has been approved and GC issued in 48 days and friend of mine with PD 2001 is still waiting for no reason!!!

Anything can happen in this game and hence I don't see any problem in speculating.

WHY NOT? Can you give me a logical reason how Chennai Consulate is scheduling interview for September and that was announced around August 10th (when CISA numbers were unavailable for all cat.)? Also, when they actually issue VISA in September, their PD may not be current.

So, these two explain that Consulate will 'announce' interview dates when VISA numbers are not available and 'issue' VISA when PD may not be current. So, question is when does the PD has to be current?

485 for 2004 EB3 case has been approved and GC issued in 48 days and friend of mine with PD 2001 is still waiting for no reason!!!

Anything can happen in this game and hence I don't see any problem in speculating.

Remember all EB were current in July bulletin, the lucky ones did get a break.

There are no visa # availale for EB3 India and thats it, all returned numbers have being assigned elsewhere. Check the September bulletin.

There is no exception to the rule that you will be interviewed before your date is current., so dont even dream about it. Consulates are bound by the law.

so just sit tight and wait for your PD to become current. And for confirmation onthis check the cosulate.

i concur iwth thera33's statement above. don't even think that consulate will interview by luck.

i concur iwth thera33's statement above. don't even think that consulate will interview by luck.

Whoa, whoa! slow down guys. I wasn't saying that I (and only I) would be interviewed due to my good luck!

My point was, there is a grey area in how the unused VISA numbers would be used this being the last month of the fiscal year and this year DOS have shown keen interest in using up all the available numbers.

It is not very clear when VISA numbers would be used up for CP cases as last month (July) numbers were assigned to CP Posts in advance and interviews scheduled later.

If NVC says that for these many cases VISA numbers were 'reserved' when PD was current (July) as those applications were processed and completed and interview was scheduled later, who can question them??

I strongly believe that they have some room to play within the rules.

Rule says LC's should be cleared based on FIFO. Was it followed in BEC?
Why that even, H1B extensions, EAD approvals, 485 approvals etc are not 100% FIFO.

I am speculating about the room that they have to play with. If it does not happen, it does not happen!

An example how immigration system works...

Remember all EB were current in July bulletin, the lucky ones did get a break.

There are no visa # availale for EB3 India and thats it, all returned numbers have being assigned elsewhere. Check the September bulletin.

There is no exception to the rule that you will be interviewed before your date is current., so dont even dream about it. Consulates are bound by the law.

so just sit tight and wait for your PD to become current. And for confirmation onthis check the cosulate.

Eb3 ROW, PD: DEC 2004, I-140 approved in 2006, I-485 RD/ND: JUN 24, FP: AUG 1, EAD: JULY, AP: mid AUG, welcome letter sent: SEP 17, received cards: SEP 22.

Lawyer said there's no mistake. I've heard of many other similar cases, as you can see on this thread.

It's not fair and all that. USCIS probably scrambled to adjudicate all the low-hanging fruit to minimize waste of visa numbers for FY2007, irrespective of PD. Cases that were straightforward and complete and were delivered by FedEx on top of the pile or something just got lucky.

BlueCard
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BlueCard
Find all posts by BlueCard

#20 Today, 11:06 AM
helllo2004
Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received my GreeeCard on SEP 10th. Please check the following for the detail info

INDIA
EB3
Labor PD APRIL 2003
140 approved- april 2004
485 filed -- june 22nd 07
noticed date - july 25th 07
FP done -- august 15th
485 approved - sep 04 2007
card received - sep 10th 2007

My case approved on SEP 04th 2007 and as per USCIS EB3 not current at that time.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14508&page=2

They have approved 485 in September when VISA numbers were not available for any EB category. I know what you guys would say, that the numbers were reserved when the PD was current in June/July and issued in September. Consulates could have done the same thing instead of having wasted thousands of VISA numbers in FY2007...