Case Xsfer to chicago local INS. WHAT NEXT ???? ANY INPUTS PLEASE

indiatous

Registered Users (C)
My husband and daughter got the approval but mine got xsfered to chicago local office, "to expedite the case". initially the AVM machine said that FP yet not cleared. then said case Xfered to local INS on aug 10th.

just wondering what will be next and how much time will it take to get approval?

ND 7/01
RD 8/01

case transfered to local INS on aug 10th 2002

THANKS

Chicago at least 6 months
My wife's case took 4 months from the date of transfer to interview and approval
AVM still says received reply to RFE, but now case has already been approved 2 weeks back at local INS.Our case went from

HOME ---> NSC ----> Mine approved Jan 7 2002 -----> Wife received RFE Jan 17 -------> replied to RFE Feb and March 2 times -------> Called up one day adn they said case was at local INS but AVM will not update and we will never send you a letter that case has been tranferred ----- > Case went to cleavland --- > Sent to Cincinnati --- > FP redo Jul 9 2002 ------> Interview Approval & Stamping on Jul 30 2002 for my wife at Cincinnati ----> recvd my card Aug 2 20002 ---- > Wife got SS # Aug 9 2002 -----> WAITING FOR WIFE'S PLASTIC CARD

Last edited by a moderator:
both mine and my husband's(primary) cases were xferred to chicago.

RD:3/01
XD:2/02

Never recd any letter, just the AVM said about transfer. We waited till July and did not get any letter from INS Chicago for interview. Contacted local senator's office, wasted 3-4 weeks in the process, then contacted local congressman's office and that helped. Today our lawyer got an interview notice for both of us.

We still don't know how it will go because our fingerprints expire before the interview date.

Hope this helps.

chicago interview experience

My case is transfered on April 2002 to Chicago INS.
Interview date was August 2002. so approxiametly four months..but I had friends who had their interview dates in 2 months.

I wasn`t approved or denied on that day..they said they will review the file and will mail a decision letter soon. They took fingerprinting and the signature for the physical card, I guess. Don`t know when we willll get the letter..waiting goes on.But at least I did what I had to do , took the interview and I know where my file is.I will post as soon as I hear something.

But I felt like it is pretty easy process. You go to the 2nd floor on Dearborn st. You wait until your name is announced. You go one floor up and then continue waiting for the officer to come and welcome you to her/ his office. Very friendly and kind attitudes. YOu just need to take every document and answer them clearly.
Hope it helps. Good luck.

for 485PLEASE

go to www.congress.gov and find the local congressman. Call their office and sometimes they have a designated office which deals with INS.

At least the people that we dealt with were very helpful, prompt and courteous (unlike senator Fitzgerald's office in Chicago)

for congressional 9th district - Janice Schakovski

and the case worker who deals with INS is

Marie Ann Limjoco