Case with officer - marriage

FedEx

Registered Users (C)
I called couple days to IIO, he said that my case with an officer, it will take 30-45 days.
I am about to marry - is it too late for my wife to join my application at this stage ?
Any help appreciated.

Info. that you have asked for

Hi,

For one to add a spouse, he/she has to meet the following criteria,

1. Has to get Married "Before" his/her GC Approval.

2. Has to bring the spouse into the country "Before" his/her GC Approval(if the spouse is out of the country). This is to avoid any possible problems at the consulate(for getting the spouse\'s dependent visa)/port of entry in bringing the spouse into the country.

3. Has to apply I-485 for the Spouse and Respective Service Center has to get the spouse\'s application "Before" his/her GC Approval(Spouse\'s I-485 application has to be Properly filled-in and filed with all required documents and fees). One has to preserve the Mail Carrier\'s Delivery Confirmation Receipt and it is needed very much if the Service Center creates any problems(hope not) in accepting Spouse\'s I-485 application.

All of the above has to be done before his/her GC Approval to avoid any potential problems. Prevention is better than cure.

Hope this helps.

PS: This is NOT a legal advice. Do follow at your own risks. Consult a legal attorney.

Have a good day.

Regards
Priyadarshini

Not late till your approval

You should get everything ready (filling out the form and have the Medical done), then submit your wife\'s application (with the marriage certificate )on the day\'s marriage. It will save your a lot of trouble if your wife can catch this last bus.